The Easynews Kodi add-on is for Kodi users looking to stream premium Usenet content on Kodi. Read on for more information.
June 24th Update: The Easynews Kodi add-on has been updated to v5.0 and has been moved to its new repo home inside of Mucky Duck’s source.
If a username uses their email address, the add-on can now correctly sign you in! If you don’t know about Easynews yet, have a look at our guide below and let us know on Twitter or Facebook if we can help you out!
Easynews is a popular premium Usenet provider that gives you fast, secure access to millions and millions of video and audio files. The Easynews Kodi add-on gives you access to stream these files through your Kodi interface!
Unlike the files scraped by popular Kodi add-ons like Exodus, Velocity, or SALTs which are known to stop working, Usenet links reside on private, encrypted servers to give you more dependable access. With the Easynews Kodi add-on, you can also stream obscure content that is generally never available through any Kodi add-on. Thousands of new files are uploaded and available almost instantly on a daily basis. The Easynews Kodi add-on might in face be the only add-on you need.
Premium Usenet Information
Usenet is a worldwide, encrypted network that organizes it’s content into over 100,000 topic-specific groups (called newsgroups). These newsgroups are accessible through Usenet a newsgroup provider like Easynews to cover nearly every topic of interest imaginable.
The amount of information available on Usenet and number of users continues to grow at a staggering rate. Millions of users around the glove access Usenet which now has a total daily volume of new information exceeding 10 TB.
Premium Usenet and Easynews are not for everyone. In order to gain access to this large amount of data, you need to subscribe to a premium paid account for access, but the access is reliable, extremely fast (no buggering) and encrypted. There is also a 2-week free trial so you can try it before subscribing.
- Classic Plan = $9.98 per month
- 20GB per month
- Plus Plan = $14.97 per month
- 40GB per month
- Big Gig Plan (Best Value) = $29.94 per month
- 150GB per month
- Free VPN plan included
After you have your Easynews account setup, here is how you can install the Kodi add-on:
How to Install Easynews Kodi Add-on (Jarvis, Krypton, Leia)
ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://muckys.mediaportal4kodi.ml and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “MD”. and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > “MD” > repository.mdrepo-x-x-x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Mucky Ducks Repo > Add-on Repository > Duckpool Repository > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Go back TWO screens back to the Install From Repository screen and then navigate to iStream XBMC Addons Repository > Video Addons > Easynews > Install
- Hover over the Easynews add-on and press menu (‘c’) > Add-on Settings and set the following settings up:
- Under Accounts, enable Turn Popup Message OFF
- Under Easy News, enable Easy Account and enter in your Easynews.com username and password you signed up with above.
- Under Easy News, you can choose to Enable Downloads and set your download path. Then when you hover over a file and press menu, you can choose to download that file!
- Under Movies, enable No Dialog Asking For Preferred Extension and change the File Extension to ANY.
- Under TV Shows, enable No Dialog Asking For Preferred Extension and change the File Extension to ANY.
- Under EasyNews Search, enable No Dialog Asking For Preferred Extension and change the File Extension to ANY.
Easynews Kodi/Usenet Kodi FAQ Guide
- Q. I’m concerned about 20GB/40GB/150GB not being enough for my streaming needs per month.
- A. Each file in the Easynews Kodi add-on lists the file size and hour long videos range from 200mb-1GB in size, which means the lowest plan will give you between 20-100 hours of streaming each month.
- Q. What advantage does Easynews give me over another premium service like Real-Debrid?
- A. Real-Debrid allows you to stream from a selection of public file hosts. Links through Real-Debrid go down as much as free hosts. Usenet servers are completely private and not indexed and files stay up indefinitely and the number of files available is in the hundreds of millions.
Do you have any other premium Usenet Kodi or Easynews Kodi questions? Get in touch with us on Twitter or Facebook and we can help you out! With your Easynews account, you can also log in at Easynews.com and download files directly from the website!