Straight from the Kodi foundation, here is how to install Kodi on Fire Stick or Fire TV the right and easiest way possible! Install Kodi on the Amazon Fire Stick now.
If you look on the internet, most of the how to install Kodi on Fire Stick guides require an app called ES File Explorer to sideload Kodi onto the box. The Kodi Foundation has set the record straight and the method below is the recommended right way to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV boxes.
How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick or Fire TV
- Allow your Amazon box to install apps from unknown sources. If you have the new Fire Stick interface, this is found through Settings > Device > Developer Options. If you have the old interface, this is found through Settings > System > Developer options.
- Launch the Amazon Appstore and search for the app Downloader and install this onto your device.
- Launch the Downloader App and enter in one of the URLs below according to which version of Kodi or SPMC you want to install:
- Select the Download button and wait for your version of Kodi to finish downloading. Once it is done, scroll down and click Install to install Kodi on Fire Stick.
- After the installation is complete, select Delete to delete the APK file.
That’s it! Kodi will now be in the apps folder of your Amazon Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.