We’ve created a guide for the IPVanish Android VPN setup on your Kodi box! Check out how easy it is to turn on your VPN and protect your Kodi connection.
May 5th Update: The Android VPN app from IPVanish has been updated to v3.0.15 with some very nice improvements catered towards Android users:
Android VPN IPVanish v3.0.15 New Features
- Take advantage of the new Quick Connect feature to connect to servers in popular countries fast.
- Android users will now be remembered unless you log out.
- Speed has been improved on the Amazon Fire stick
- Improved server selection process
- Other bug fixes
Looking for a proper Android VPN setup guide? Let us show you how you can activate your IPVanish VPN account on your Android Kodi box.
What advantage does a VPN give you? It will protect your connection from being seen or shared with other users or your internet provider. It allows you to access content that may be geo-blocked in your area. IPVanish has a ton of great features and advantages over other VPN services:
- Full native Android TV Kodi box support: Support for large screen TV format with built-in functionality for remotes
- IPVanish has one of the largest VPN network footprints with over 25,000+ IPs, 400+ servers in 60+ countries.
- Every server listed is a physical installation (most providers geo-spoof).
- Zero-Log policy. This means that NO traffic laws from any customer are kept ever.
- Tier 1 network, meaning IPVanish owns the entire network, hardware, software, etc
- No throttling or blocking of any traffic, ports or protocols.
- 7 day money back guarantee.
Once you have your IPVanish account, let’s take a look at how easy the Android VPN setup is on your Kodi box:
IPVanish Android VPN Setup Guide #1 – Preferred method, most flexible
- From your Android TV boxes main menu, launch the Google Play Store and search for IPVanish via the search bar.
- Click on the IPVanish icon and press download to get the free VPN app onto your Android box.
- Go back to your main menu and then navigate to My Apps > IPVanish to launch the app.
- Open up the menu in the top left corner and press Login. Click OK if you get a Connection request from the Android operating system. Enter in your IPVanish username and password and Login to your account.
- Click on a server from the list to connect to that VPN service. A graph will show your internet traffic through your VPN connection.
- Press alt + tab on your keyboard and change your app to Kodi to keep your VPN connection running in the background. If you back out of the add-on, it will disconnect and close the app, so you need to press alt + tab on a keyboard to keep the app working in the background.
IPVanish Android VPN Setup Guide #2
- From your boxes main menu, navigate to Settings > Network > VPN.
- In the top right corner, click on + or Add VPN. Fill in the VPN Name (it can be anything) and make sure that the PPTP Protocol is selected.
- Choose an IPVanish server by picking through this list. Enter in your chosen server address into the address line in the app. Tick the checkbox to enable encryption, click OK and save your VPN setting.
- Tap on your VPN to test the connection and login with your IPVanish credentials when prompted.
- In the top right corner, you should be able to enable an option to keep your VPN connection always enabled to automate this process the next time you turn on your Kodi box. You won’t have to run through this Android VPN Setup guide again!
Remember, all Kodi Android TV boxes are a little different. The above steps worked for us, but may be slightly different for you. Get in touch with us on Twitter or Facebook and we will try to help you if you need it!