Kodi Icefilms Add-on Guide; Eldorado Icefilms
The Kodi Icefilms add-on is a great source for movies and TV shows which has been around for a long time. Thanks to Eldorado, Icefilms is one of the most reliable streaming add-ons available for Kodi today.
January 8th Update: Eldorado has updated the Kodi Icefilms add-on to v1.99.10 beta.
Icefilms v1.99.10 Beta Change Log
- Fixed meta pack download. This pack fills in as much Icefilms metadata as possible to keep the add-on fast and to limit the footprint when hitting TMDB for information.
- Added settings to use your own proxy. Helpful for those in countries where Icefilms is blocked.
Still to fix/add:
- Fix downloads and folder structures
- Fix searching
- Add new categories
- Add new graphics refresh to add-on
NOTE: Icefilms now uses URLResolver. Most links require Real-Debrid in order to work. Click here for learn more about Real-Debrid.
Icefilms has also taken its first steps to dropping all Kodi support before Kodi Krypton v17, which will soon be officially released. Expect other add-ons to do the same soon. Kodi Krypton requires Android 5.1 at the minimum as well, so if you need a new Kodi box with updated specs and Android, click here and read this article.
Original Post: A few minutes after we posted the update between Icefilms and Kodi where it was announced that Kodi add-ons will be placing Icefilms ads in their add-on to cover some of the streaming costs lost by Kodi users, a brand new Icefilms 1.10 has been released to test out this feature.
Check out the official post from ElDorado below from the TVADDONS forums about the new Kodi Icefilms 1.10 update with Icefilms ads integration. How is the new update working for you? Let us know on Twitter and Facebook. Kodi Tips hopes that this is the continuation of a long partnership between Icefilms and Kodi add-on makers.
Kodi Icefilms 1.10 Change Log(Wednesday, 2 September 2015):
- Fixed final source link scraping
- Added test for Icefilms ads – this displays a quick ad from the Icefilms site to support them, this is testing how the system works, will be changed as we progress
Ok guys this is a small test just to see how well this Icefilms ads thing works, we’re not 100% sure yet if we are able to trigger Icefilms ad impressions for the Icefilms site so this release will help them see if it works.
If it does then we can work from here.
As of right now the ad is coming from the Icefilms site and is shown in a pop up box when you click to see the list of sources, sometimes the Icefilms ads show and sometimes it doesn’t, haven’t figured out why yet.
I’m working on a way to make the ad image show off to the side of the screen somewhere and doesn’t require the user to click on anything, my idea is to have it display somewhere and disappear after a couple seconds and doesn’t waste any of your or my time.
If this works, the next step is to try and create an ad impression for the host that you select to play from, this one I can almost guarantee will not need any form of pop up box of any sort.. we can display it the same as a captcha image is displayed, it will show as the final download link is resolving.
Q: Where are the Icefilms ads from? Who gets paid for them?
A: The ads are from the Icefilms site, this is to allow us to play nice with arguably one of the best Movie/TV site available. All AD generated revenue is theirs, myself or anyone at TV Addons gets none and wants none.
Q: Why are you putting Icefilms ads in now?
A: Kodi itself has become VERY popular over the past year, and along with that we have also seen a rather big spike in users of our addons, this puts an extremely high load on the sites that we are leaching from – Icefilms and the file hosts. They have server bills to pay and revenue for that is generated thru advertisements, our addons circumvent their systems and pull what we want without any regard. A number of popular file sharing hosts have already closed, some have blamed us specifically. To play fair and ensure these sites stick around this has become the last resort.. and hopefully other addons follow the lead
Q: Is there any tracking of IP addresses?
A: Nothing of the sort is implemented by us, and I never will put tracking into any of my addons as it puts everyone at risk! Though remember that these addons work very much like a browser, we are requesting web pages just the same, so if the host that we are pulling web pages from wishes to track your IP they can
Q: Will I get any adware/malware/virus/trojan/etc ?
A: No. It’s virtually impossible for this to happen. I also write clean code that can be viewed by anyone, my addons run on my own machines at home as well.. why would I want to infect myself?
Note: UK internet service providers have blocked the Icefilms website. If you find that you are from the UK and are interested in using icefilms to watch your favorite movie and TV shows, you can buy a VPN account to hide your internet traffic and make it look like you are from a different country. IPVanish is one of the best VPN clients because it is tier 1 (no speed slowdown) and log-free so that you are protected. The cost is about the same as a Starbucks coffee per month. Sign up with this link or click here to read more information about IPVanish.
Kodi Icefilms Installation Guide
- Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “Fusion”. and then click OK
- Go back to your Home Screen and then to SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from Zip File > “Fusion”
- Select xbmc-repos > english > repository.eldorado-x.x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Click on “Install From Repository” > Eldorado’s XBMC Addons > Video Add-ons
- Click on Icefilms, then install, and wait for the add-on enabled notification.
You are done! Enjoy Kodi Icefilms 1.10.
Consider hiding yourself on the internet with a reliable VIP VPN service like IPVanish. If your ISP has caps on how much you can use the internet or if you live in an area where content is geo-blocked, a VPN can make you appear as if you are from anywhere in the world. IPVanish has some advantages of its competitors too:
- Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
- Log-free, so you can’t be tracked
- 7 day money back guarantee
- The ability to be configured right at your router, for a hassle-free experience.
If you are interested, check out IPVanish here.