Are Kodi live streams not working for you in Kodi 17? Make sure you enable RTMP in Kodi to fix your live streaming problems today. Read on for more info.
The RTMP, or real-time messaging protocol, is a backbone for storing live streams on a web server. Kodi has an InputStream Client which translates RTMP streams for playback in Kodi. In Kodi 17, this is disabled by default, which is causing a ton of Kodi live streams are not working issues. You can enable RTMP in Kodi to fix this issues.
The Kodi foundation decided to disable RTMP by default in Kodi 17, our guess is its part of their push to waive liability for installing “unknown” third-party add-ons. However, this has caused Kodi live streams not working on a large number of add-ons.
To enable RTMP in Kodi, follow our guide below.
How to Enable RTMP in Kodi (VideoPlayer InputStream Client)
- From the Kodi main menu, click on Addons. If you are using a skin or build, this is probably found by going to Settings > Add-ons.
- Click on My Add-ons and then go into the VideoPlayer InputStream section.
- Click on the RTMP Input option and click on Enable.
- As well if it isn’t already, click on InputStream Adaptive and click Enable.
- That’s it! Try to enable RTMP in Kodi and see if this fixes your Kodi streaming issues.