How to Post A Log From Kodi (Troubleshooting)
Add-on or function not working? Let us show you how to post a log from Kodi so that you can help us troubleshoot on Twitter and Facebook! Click here to read more information.
Contrary to popular belief, the Kodi Tips team are not mind readers. If you have a problem and you write to us on Twitter a vague statement like “I get an error on Exodus, plz help”, there is no way for us to help you because you haven’t given us any details.
Kodi logs track your movements in Kodi and write any errors you see to a text file. By looking at this text file, we can better help you figure out what the issue is. So, if you want to know how to post a log From Kodi, follow these instructions:
How to Post A Log in Kodi
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > Add-ons > Install From Repository > Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Select Program Add-ons > Kodi Log Uploader > Install and wait for the add-on enabled notification.
- Next, we have to enable debugging. Back at the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > SYSTEM > Debugging (make sure your Settings level is Standard or Expert if you don’t see this) > Turn on the “Enable Debug Logging” option.
- You should see some new text in the upper left corner, this is okay.
- Restart Kodi
- Duplicate the exact same steps you did to get the error you would like Kodi Tips to look at.
- When you are done, launch Kodi Log Uploader from your Program add-ons folder.
- Enter in the email address you want to send your log to and click OK and confirm by saying YES.
- The Kodi Log Updater program will tell you the internet address to get to your log.
Send us your log on Twitter and we would be happy to have a look and see what is causing your issues! Now you know how to post a log From Kodi!