What is F4MTester Kodi Add-on?
What is F4MTester and how does it help out your Kodi experience? The add-on from Shani’s repo will actually help you out with multiple add-ons and give you live TV links! Keep reading for more info.
What is F4MTester? You may have seen the add-on mentioned in a few spot, like our ZemTV guide from Shani. The add-on automatically installs itself with ZemTV and is also available to install by itself through Shani’s repo.
F4M manifest files are decoded by F4MTester, where the live stream file that Kodi plays is grabbed out from the F4M file. F4M files contain more data than regular stream files:
- Multiple bitrates can be configured so that different stream files can be generated depending on your internet speed or defined quality.
- Different quality video and audio tracks of a stream can be stored in separate locations, referenced by the F4M file and put back together.
- Extra meta data and stream information can be saved into the file.
- F4M streams can be optimized into multiple smaller files and pieced back together on the fly.
- DRM security can be built into the stream so that users without proper credentials can’t stream the file.
So what is F4MTester? It’s a Kodi add-on that decodes F4M files to strip out the video stream and play it in your Kodi screen. F4M files are becoming more and more popular, so F4MTester will be needed to present these streams to users.
There is a level of sophisticated-ness to F4M files, which means that decoding them should give Kodi users access to some more reliable and better quality streams.
If you want to install the F4MTester add-on from Shani, follow the guide below!
Kodi F4MTester Add-on Install Guide
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source
- Select None and type the following: http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source & type fusion
- Select OK and go back to your Home Screen
- To install the VinMan java files: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from zip file > fusion > xbmc-repos > International > repository.shani-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification and then select Install from repository
- Shani repo > Video Add-Ons > F4MTester > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification