You may have heard about a Kodi add-on called Plexus. What is Plexus? Why and how are add-ons using Plexus for Kodi? And how do you install Plexus Kodi? Find out here!
What is Plexus? Why should you make sure you have the Plexus Kodi addon? How can it help our your Kodi experience?
Plexus is an add-on for Kodi that assists you in watching peer-to-peer streams without the need for any external add-ons. Plexus is similar to a codec for Windows, which includes special scripts that decode data and present it to you in video format.
Plexus is built off of P2P streams, which is another popular add-on that helps you with acestream and sopcast, two popular P2P sources. With Plexus, the developer has removed parsers and lists, removed running python script & added stream manager.
So what is Plexus? If you are a casual Kodi user, you probably don’t need to know and care. Just know that certain add-ons use the Plexus back-bone to help you with streams and that having Plexus will improve your experience when streaming movies or TV shows in Kodi. Playlists inside of SportsDevil use Plexus, so make sure you have Plexus Kodi installed if you have the latest SportsDevil.
Note: This currently works on
- Linux i386 & x64 (Openelec not tested but should work)
- Linux arm (Raspberry pi 2 only)
Support for Plexus with Kodi on Mac OS X will be coming soon we hope!
NOTE: Using Plexus to stream acestream links exposes your internet connection while you stream. Make sure you hide behind a VPN when using acestream links by clicking here.
Plexus Kodi Install Guide
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source
- Select None and type the following: http://fusion.tvaddons.co and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath Enter a name for this media Source & type fusion
- Select OK and go back to your Home Screen
- To install the VinMan java files: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from zip file > fusion > xbmc-repos > English > repository.xbmchub-x.x.x.zip
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification and then select Install from repository
- Select TVADDONS.ag Addon Repository > Program Add-ons > Plexus > Install
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification and then you are done! Plexus can be found under your video add-ons.
After you install Plexus, you must run it in order to configure Acestream links for when you want to play them in Kodi.
And that’s it! The Plexus Kodi addon is now installed and ready to go.