Meta Kodi Add-on Install Guide & Info
The Meta Kodi add-on offers an intriguing way for users to combine the capabilities of multiple add-ons and enable Kodi library support. Interested? Keep reading for more information!
The Meta Kodi add-on allows you to pull streams from multiple different add-ons at one time. It allows you to search across all of your Kodi add-ons instead of searching for the same thing in different add-ons before finding a working stream. More than than, Meta has integrated Kodi library features, which is a feature that I know a few people want to see.
Note: Meta is for advanced Kodi users only and should not be attempted by new users.
Interested in checking out Meta Kodi add-on? Check out our guide below:
How to Install Meta Kodi Add-on Guide
- Click here to download the MetaTeam Repository for Kodi.
- Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > Add-ons > Install From Zip > Select the MetaTeam Repository you downloaded above and wait for the add-on enabled notification.
- Select Get Add-Ons or Install from Repository (on Isengard or higher) > MetaTeam repository > Video Add-ons > Meta > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Back up to the MetaTeam repository and then click Context menus > Add to Library > Install
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification once again.
Meta Kodi Setup Guide
- Navigate to your video add-ons > hover over Meta > press menu > configure
- In the General tab, click on Players URL and enter https://api.github.com/repos/openeleq/unofficial-meta-players/zipball
- Click on Install From URL and custom players from all of the add-ons you have installed will be activated.
- Next, you have to enable movie/tv/live players. Scroll down and click on Enable movie/TV/live players and select a player from the list you previously installed.
- Scroll down to Preferred movie/TV/live player and select your preferred add-on for streams.
- Scroll down to Preferred movie/TV/live player from library and again select your preferred add-on.
It will take some trial and error to find players that work better. Generally, direct play options are reliable from my experience.