Kodi is available on everything from PCs, to Chromecasts, Amazon Fire TV Sticks, Nvidia Shield and Android tablets. So which Android tablet should you buy for Kodi and streaming? This complete guide will give you everything you need to know.
The Android tablet market has declined over the past few years. Many buyers are opting for Apple’s iPads instead and manufacturers are not making as many Android slates as they used to. But that’s not to say there aren’t any great ones for Kodi and Streaming.
The best Android tablets come in a variety of sizes, mostly from 7 up to 10 inches. You can also expect a range of specs and prices. With all those factors in mind, finding the best Android tablet for Kodi and Streaming can be tricky, but we’ve made it easier.
In this article, we have put together the best Android tablets for Kodi and streaming that you will ever find on the market. This article covers the very best of the best Android tablets, and it includes specs, pros, cons and a brief rundown of what makes each slate great, so you can find the perfect fit with ease.
Quick Compare the Best Android Tablets
Best Android Tablet Features
Android Tablet screen sizes range from 6 inches on the low end, all the way up to 18.4 inches on Samsung’s Galaxy View tablet. You’ll find that most tablets fall into the 7- to 10-inch range: If you’re looking for something small and light that you can take with you anywhere, a small tablet such as the 7-inch Amazon Fire tablet is the way to go.
For the right price, a 10 inch tablet makes streaming Kodi look better.
Hard Drive Space
Stand-alone tablets typically come with 8 or 16GB of storage on the low end and up to 128GB on the high end. Convertible Windows tablets often have storage capacities more in line with typical notebooks, so it isn’t unusual to find one with 256GB of storage or more. Some tablets include SD card readers that allow you to expand your device’s storage capacity. U
nless you don’t use your tablet much, you may find 8 or 16 GB to be a little too constraining for your needs, so you’ll probably want to pay a little more and get at least 32GB of storage space — or look for one with an onboard SD card slot.
A good tablet should last you all day on a full battery charge. Most tablet batteries last about eight to nine hours. It may be a good idea to dismiss any models that can’t go seven hours without a charge.
What you need will depend on how you intend to use it, but generally, the more ports and ways to connect it has the better. Make sure it supports the latest Bluetooth standard. Expandable storage via SD (or microSD) could be nice, USB or MicroUSB is essential, and Micro HDMI is nice as well. You may want NFC support, and wireless charging could be worth considering for convenience.
Best Android Tablet Apps
The following are Android tablet apps that all tablet owners should have on their smartphones:
- Libby by Overdrive
- Moon+ Reader
- Amazon Kindle
- Google Play Books
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Lightroom
- Swift Explorer
Best Android Tablets for Kodi and Streaming
Samsung Galaxy Tab
- 1.6 GHz exynos 7870 octa core Processor. 10.1" wuxga Display, 8Mp rear camera + 2Mp front camera
- Os: android 6.0 Marshmallow. Battery Type and Size:Li Ion 7,300mAh
The most important things to have in a full-size Android tablet for Kodi and streaming are a great screen, loudspeakers, robust build quality, and software that make use of the extra screen size. That’s what makes the Samsung Galaxy Tab the best Android tablet — it has a combination of everything.
The Galaxy Tab comes with a super-fast Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB of RAM, plenty of storage and well-optimized software. And because it’s a Samsung product, you’re getting a best-in-class display — coming in at 10.5 inches — and a fantastic metal builds. You also now get an in-display fingerprint sensor, which was missing on prior models.
- Fast and responsive
- Vibrant HD display
- Long battery life
- High-quality quad speakers
- It is expensive if you are a casual tablet user
Fire HD 8 Tablet
- 8" HD display; 16 or 32 GB of internal storage (up to 400 GB with microSD)
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
The Fire HD 8 is Amazon’s best super-inexpensive Android tablet available on the market for Kodi and streaming. Its storage size of 16GB makes it a fantastic deal. The smaller size makes it easy to toss in a bag and carry around or give to a child. And it’s also light and easy to hold in one hand, making it suitable for reading.
Like the Fire HD 10, it doesn’t have the Google Play Store or Google apps. However, it is easy to install Kodi on the Amazon Fire TV. This is an excellent choice for media consumption, browsing, or handing to your kids.
- Fun color choices
- Small enough for kids to handle
- Almost unbelievable price
- Gets all of the basics done
- No access to Google Play apps
- Low-quality screen
Lenovo Smart Tab M10
- An Android tablet with 10. 1” HD Display and dual front speakers with Dolby Atoms
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 429, quad core, 2. 0 GHz Processor. With a 2GB RAM and 16GB ROM, and up to 256 GB micro sd support.
The Lenovo Smart Tab M10 offers a nice 10.1-inch full HD screen, a solid performance, and a pretty design. For the right price point, it is a good alternative to the more expensive Android tablets on the market.
The M10 is cheap and it uses a soft-touch matte back. There’s only 2GB of RAM paired with 16GB of storage, or 3GB of RAM with 32GB of space. The battery size is 4,850mAh, there are only two front-facing Dolby speakers, no fingerprint sensor, and a 2-megapixel selfie camera paired with a 5-megapixel rear one.
- Great display for movies
- Light and thin design
- Has multi-user mode
- It Supports Alexa
- Full HD & very smooth functions
- Productivity Mode present
- Powerful processor & High performance
- No fingerprint sensor
- Poor camera quality
- No ambient light sensor
Dragon Touch K10 Tablet
- Dragon Touch Tablet 2019 Edition: The Dragon Touch K10 features a brilliant 10” display and Android 8.1 Oreo OS, brings all you need for entertainment with a visual feast and fast operation. Easily browsing online and download whatever you want, such as Youtube, Netflix, Instagram and any other games.
- Full-featured Tablet: Do what you like to do, Dragon Touch K10 10.1-inch tablet would satisfy you with providing a long-lasting reading and watching times. More songs, e-books, pictures and videos will be saved right on your tablet thanks to 128 GB expandable storage. And other features would contribute as well, such as FM, GPS, BT 4.0 and so on.
Dragon Touch X10 is an incredibly useful tablet packed with 3D functionality to take streaming experiences to a whole new level. K10 is ideal for movie lovers looking for a tablet that supports live streaming. The device is quite different in design and performance from other everyday streaming tablets.
You’ll find a micro USB port for data transfer and charging along with a Micro HDMI port around the tablet’s body. K10 also features dual speakers along with a power button and volume rocker.
- Cost-effective price
- No Bloatware
- Decent build quality
- Integrated GPS Sensor
- Wide viewing angles with vivid colors
- Average battery life
- Not Full-HD
- 1GB of RAM
Vankyo MatrixPad Z4
- High performance android tablet: The Vankyo Matrix Pad Z4 features a powerful and energy-saving 64 bit Quad-core processor 1. 5GHz, 2GB RAM, delivering quick app launches, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance.
- Native and latest Android OS - Android 9 Pie: The GMS Certified Matrix Pad Z4 features Android's latest version Android 9 Pie. Get rid of unexpected ads and have full access to Google Play and download the apps you love, such as Skype, Netflix, YouTube, kids app and more.
This list would not be complete without mentioning the Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 10-inch Tablet. The Vankyo MatrixPad Z4 Tablet features a powerful and energy-saving 64-bit Quad-Core processor 1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, delivering quick application launches, smooth games and videos, and excellent overall performance.
It adopts a 1280 x 800 IPS display and features a glass screen, which presents a brilliant display with vivid colors for a more true-to-life viewing experience and provides a smooth touch experience.
Read comfortably at night with Eye Health, an extra feature that automatically adjusts and optimizes the backlight for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience.
- It has a great screen size
- It has a Micro SD slot to add storage
- Slow touchscreen response
- The speakers are not so good
- It is pricey
Which of these best Android tablets is your favorite for Kodi and streaming?
Share your thoughts with us using the comment box below.