Getting the most out of your TV means having a way to interact with streaming apps like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, or Kodi. Plus, you want the ability to download new apps and utilities as they become available. Instead of buying a separate streaming box, an Android Smart TV will let you load Kodi right onto it!
Android TV is Google’s way of turning your TV into a smart, connected streaming media powerhouse. It has a lot in common with other smart TV solutions, but also boasts several features that make it stand out from the crowd.
In this guide, we have put together the best 5 Android smart TVs with Android TV pre-installed. You can install Kodi right onto these TVs easily. Then, install the best Kodi addons. These TVs are available from Amazon and can be purchased worldwide.
Before we dive deeper, let’s quickly take a look at what Android TV is, its features, as well as what it can do.
Quick Compare the Best Android Smart TVs
What is Android Smart TV?
Android TV is a smart TV platform from Google built around the Android operating system. Users can stream content on your TV via apps, both free and paid, using your internet connection.
It’s similar to the Roku and Amazon Fire. You can use your remote or phone to navigate as you go. Unlike Roku and Amazon devices, Android has an open system. This gives Android TV users access to apps Google might not officially approve of.
Android Smart TV Features to Consider
TV Screen Size
Modern TVs come in sizes anywhere between 24 to 75 inches, although you may see larger or smaller screens on the market. 32”, 42”, 50”, 55” and 65” models are the most common.
Screen size is measured diagonally from the bottom left corner to the top right corner, and given in inches. Don’t forget, these measurements don’t include the bezel, the border between the screen and the frame. As well, the overall dimensions of the set will vary from model to model.
Hard Drive Space
The memory size of Android TVs determines how many apps can be installed on the TV. To free up memory space for new apps, delete a previously installed app.
The Android TV has about 4GB memory available for app installation and user data. The remaining space of the total of 8GB memory in the TV is used for system files. The app memory space can be expanded with an external USB Hard Disk. This was enabled by a software release in 2014. Therefore, ensure the software is up-to-date.
The Hard Disk Drive can also be used for Video-on-Demand buffering and (pause) recording if you buy a TV tuner.
Version of Android
Android 10, Orio, is the latest version of Android TV. Most Android devices still load 9.0, Pie, or earlier versions. Kodi is compatible with all version of Android TV greater than 4.4.
Best Android Smart TVs to Buy
|Best Android smart TV with built-in apps||Hisense 40H5590F Android Smart LED TV|
|Best Android smart TV with Dolby Vision support||Philips 4K Android TV|
|Best Android smart TV in motion handling and 4k upscaling||Sony XBR-43X800G BRAVIA Android Smart TV|
|Best value for money Android smart TV||Sceptre A322BV-SRC Smart LED HD TV|
|Best Android smart TV for movie streaming||Toshiba 55LF711U20 Smart LED TV HDR|
1. Hisense 40H5590F 40-inch 1080p Android Smart LED TV (2019)
Watch your favorite shows and movies with this 40-inch Hisense 40H5590F smart TV. The rich color palette and 1080p resolution deliver vibrant picture clarity, while the built-in Wi-Fi technology lets you pair compatible devices.
This 40-inch Hisense 40H5590F smart TV has USB, Ethernet and HDMI ports for seamless connectivity to various devices, and the stand offers stability.
With the Google Assistant built-in, you can quickly access entertainment, get answers, and control devices around your home—all with just your voice. With this Android TV, you can quickly cast photos, videos, music, and other content you love from your favorite device right to your TV.
- Easy set up
- Picture quality is top-notch
- The built-in apps and ability to add more apps is pretty diverse.
- It takes time for the TV to start up when turned on
- Some customers complained that it is impossible to get the TV to recognize their receivers and sound systems.
2. Philips 50″ 4K Android TV, 50PFL5766/F6
- Bright 4K LED TV with vibrant HDR picture
- HDR10 supported — See more of that the director intended
The Philips 50-inch 4K Android TV makes watching your favorite content so seamless that you spend more time watching and less time searching the content.
The TV comes with a special Google Assistant voice search feature that uses your voice to browse content and start streaming right away.
With the Philips 50″ 4K Android smart TV, you are in for an amazing streaming experience with its bright 4K LED screen rendering high-definition resolution pictures.
It comes with more than 400,000 movies and shows across multiple streaming services. It has a sleek design with a thin bezel.
The rear end of the TV has three HDMI ports, a 5V USB port, a headphone jack, a LAN cable port, an antenna input, standard video and audio inputs, and digital audio output.
The expert wall mounting isn’t included with the TV. You can however add it for an additional $126.
- Dolby Vision content support
- Easy settings
- Good build quality
- Good panel performance
- HDR 10+ content performance
3. Sony XBR-43X800G BRAVIA XBR43X800G Series – 43″ Class (2019 Model)
Immerse yourself in action and sound with this 43-inch Sony XBR-43X800G smart TV with full-array backlight, Sound-From-Picture Reality, images and acoustics harmonize for a better experience.
This Sony 4K HDR smart TV connects with Google Assistant for convenient, hands-free viewing.
Right out of the box, the best way to describe the image quality of the X950G is natural. It’s not flashy. It’s not overly bright. Colors aren’t oversaturated. It’s just a really natural picture with subdued colors and great black levels perfect for HD/SDR content.
Of course, everything you watch in HD/SDR will have to be upscaled to near-4K, and that’s where Sony’s XBR-43X800G comes in.
- X1 Ultimate Processor
- Netflix Calibrated Mode
- Motion handling, 4K upscaling
- Some customers complained of poor sound quality
- Netflix audio bug
4. Sceptre Android TV A322BV-SRC 32-inch Smart LED HD TV
- Google Assistant whether you require step-by-step instructions during the set-up process, or an authority to chime in occasionally to figure out A feature, Google Assistant is always there for you. Simply say "OK Google" Or click the mic button on the remote, and Google Assistant will answer your questions and rapidly navigate features for you
- Smart TV Forget connecting streaming devices. The Sceptre Smart AndroidTV has all the thrilling functionality you crave to connect to all the streaming apps you already love and to explore some new ones along the way. Just click a few buttons or voice a few commands and you will be binge-watching your favorite shows in no time.
Enjoy lifelike clarity and color with this 32-inch Sceptre Android TV. Its 4K resolution delivers bright, sharp images, and the HDR technology properly balances the light output for improved contrast.
This TV is compatible with digital assistants Amazon Alexa and Google Home for controlling its functions with simple voice commands.
It features “Talk Back” which uses the spoken word, vibrations, and audible feedback to guide viewers who have difficulty viewing written content. You can use auditory instruction to navigate all features on the TV.
- Easy set up process
- Great for the price
- Picture quality is great
- Once TV is in place, it is not easy to get to the headphone jacks and HDMI.
5. Toshiba 55LF711U20 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR
- Fire TV experience built-in - Fire TV Edition brings together live-over-the air TV, and your favorite streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live over-the-air TV, or stream movies and shows from Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and more.
- True-to-life picture quality - Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in ultra high deﬁnition.
Sit back and relax in front of this 55-inch Toshiba 55LF711U20 Smart LED TV. Its 4K HDR resolution provides exceptional detail and color contrast for brighter, crisper images.
This Android Smart TV’s X-Motion Clarity technology shows smooth, lifelike motion without stutter or lag. This TV keeps wires hidden for a sophisticated, seamless appearance.
It features Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet connectivity for increased versatility. Plus, it has Motion Rate 240, decreasing eye-strain and creating smooth motion. You won’t go wrong with this TV choice!
- The set up process is really easy
- Great TV for movies
- Picture and video quality is top-notch
- It takes time for the TV to connect to WiFi after turning it on.
Which of these Android smart TVs is your favorite? Share your thoughts with us using the comment box below