TvTap is a nice live IPTV source that contains world channels in an easy to use interface and reliable format. You can install the TvTap Kodi addon or there is an APK for Android TV and Amazon Fire. Check out the full details below in our guide.
TvTap contains hundreds of live IPTV channels so that you can watch live TV on your Android TV or Amazon Fire TV hardware. It comes with the following features:
- Simple design to help you find content easily.
- Easily bookmark your favourite channels.
- Chromecast support so that you can cast from your phone to TV.
- High compatibility with all Android TV, phone & tablets, as well as the Amazon Fire TV hardware.
Channels inside of the TvTap Kodi addon and APK are sorted either by genre or by country: All, Arab, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, or the United States.
How to Install TvTap Kodi Addon – Standard Method
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://bliss-tv.com/lite and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like .bliss and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > .bliss > repository.bookmarklite-x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Bookmark Lite > Video Add-ons > TvTap > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
How to Install TvTap APK – Android TV or Amazon Fire
TvTap is not available on the Google Play Store or Amazon Appstore. Instead, it must be manually downloaded and sideloaded onto your device. You can also use software that automatically sideloads APKs for you.
To install TvTap, follow the steps below. The instructions should work the same on both Android TV and Amazon Fire hardware.
- From your devices home screen, navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources.
- Download TvTap from one of the links below and move it onto your device. If you have an Amazon Fire device without a USB port, check out this sideloading guide.
- Navigate to the TvTap APK file you moved onto your box and run the file. HINT: You can download ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store to make navigating file folders easy. You can also run the APK from inside of ES File Explorer.
- When you launch the APK, select Install. TvTap will install and then it will appear in your apps section when it is done.
TvTap APK Tips
How to Change Default Player
If you open up a video stream in the Android/Amazon APK and it opens up in the top half of the screen only by default, you need to switch the player to one optimized for Android TV.
- Click the menu button (hamburger 3 horizontal bars).
- Choose Select Player and select MXPlayer
How to Install MXPlayer Android APK
If you don’t have MXPlayer in the options above, here is how you install MXPlayer:
- Download MXPlayer from this link and move it onto your Android TV hardware.
- Navigate to the MXPlayer APK file you moved onto your box with ES File Explorer from the Google Player Store. You can also run the APK from inside of ES File Explorer.
- When you launch the APK, select Install. MXPlayer will install and then it will appear in your apps section when it is done.
- Head back into TvTap and follow the steps above to change your default player to MXPlayer if you wish.
TvTap Kodi Setting Tips
If you are having trouble using the streams in the Kodi addon, try this:
- Navigate to your Video addons, hover over top of TvTap, and press menu (‘c’) button. Click on Settings.
- Enable both options to use livestreamer and use Inputstream.adaptive
Let us know what you think about the TvTap Kodi addon or Android/Amazon APK on Twitter!