Kodi 17 Download Kypton + New Features
Get a Kodi 17 download now for the latest version of Kodi, Krypton! Check out all Kodi 17 new features and information on how you can download the latest version now!
January 3th: The Kodi 17 Release Candidate #3 is available for download! If all is well, this will be the final release of Kodi 17 for everyone. Check out the changes below and feel free to update today if you are comfortable from the Kodi website.
- Update Estuary with some bugfixes and improvements
- Revert change that cause video playback problems on some files
- Fix mouse not reaching right side of the screen on OSX
- Several fixes regarding general video playback
- Several fixes regarding EPG/PVR
- Several fixes and improvements regarding cmake build system
- Update to CEC 4.0.1
December 19th: Kodi 17 Beta #7, the last beta before the release candidate, is now ready for download. Inching closer to release still, this version polishes up the default Estuary skin and adds IEC61937 audio passthrough support for Android.
- Update Estuary and Estouchy skin with some bugfixes
- Enable IEC61937 audio passthrough support on Android for DTS-HD, TrueHD, DTS:X and ATMOS in case the Android version supports this
- Fix PVR channel OSD display conditions
- Fix possible crash in PVR EPG
- Fix multiple selection in file browser
- Fix wrong window size on OSX
- Further improvement of cmake build system
- Various other improvements and fixes
A Kodi 17 download is now available! The beta of Kodi is now released, which officially takes Kodi 17 from development stage into pre-release!
Disclaimer: Beta still means that Kodi 17 is being worked on and fine-tuned. The version may not be stable enough for your main Kodi box yet and is not going to be 100% working. One of the biggest changes you’ll read below is that Android 4.4 and lower support is being dropped, so at the very least take this as a warning sign if you are looking for a new Kodi box soon.
If you want to download Kodi 17 Kypton, click here. Read about all of the new changes in Kodi 17 Krypton below!
Kodi 17 Krypton Changes and Improvements
- Brand new default skins! Gone is Confluence and in is Estuary and Estouchy (optimized for tablets).
- Improvements to DVDPlayer, which allow for playback of DVD discs/files.
- Updates to videorendering and openGL drivers.
- Complete rewrite of audio/video syncing (less offset audio).
- Improved playback of live streams. Internal buffers no longer fill up!
- Input stream add-ons – Add-ons can now be written to support multiple stream qualities or camera angles and you can select this on the fly in Kodi. For example, a stream might be offered in 540p, 720p, or 1080p and you can now switch on-the-fly in Kodi.
- Kodi PVR settings improved.
- Full HD audio passthrough support in Android.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop minimum. This means Android 4.4, which is now 2.5 years old, is not supported by Kodi. This should give you a good baseline for which Kodi boxes to avoid buying online.
- Custom AMLogic Kodi code has been turned off, which is one of the reasons that Android 4.4 firmware is no longer supported.
- If installing third-party add-ons, you have to acknowledge that the add-on is not supported by the Kodi foundation.
- You can now view which add-ons have been installed or updated.
- Settings section has now been made more clear.
- Music library improvements – tag reading and scraping, improved artists handling.
- Tons of other improvements.