Get a Kodi 17 download now for the latest version of Kodi, Krypton! Check out all Kodi 17 new features and information on how you can download the latest version now!
February 1st: Kodi 17 has officially been released! You can now download the final copy of Kodi 17 from the Kodi website.
Because Kodi 17 is such a major release, we have started a Kodi 17 working add-ons / builds list. For those of you who upgrade, please test out your favourite add-ons and let us know on Twitter or Facebook or by commenting on this post which ones are working or not working for you!!
NOTE: Kodi 17 is not supported on Android if you have Android 4.4 or earlier. You MUST have Android 5.0 or better to use Kodi 17. If you need to upgrade to a newer Kodi box, please click here and check out some of these approved boxes.
A Kodi 17 download is now available! Kodi 17 is now released, which officially takes Kodi 17 from development stage into release!
If you want to download Kodi 17 Kypton, click here. Read about all of the new changes in Kodi 17 Krypton below!
Kodi 17 Krypton Changes and Improvements
- Brand new default skins! Gone is Confluence and in is Estuary and Estouchy (optimized for tablets).
- Improvements to DVDPlayer, which allow for playback of DVD discs/files.
- Updates to videorendering and openGL drivers.
- Complete rewrite of audio/video syncing (less offset audio).
- Improved playback of live streams. Internal buffers no longer fill up!
- Input stream add-ons – Add-ons can now be written to support multiple stream qualities or camera angles and you can select this on the fly in Kodi. For example, a stream might be offered in 540p, 720p, or 1080p and you can now switch on-the-fly in Kodi.
- Kodi PVR settings improved.
- Full HD audio passthrough support in Android.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop minimum. This means Android 4.4, which is now 2.5 years old, is not supported by Kodi. This should give you a good baseline for which Kodi boxes to avoid buying online.
- Custom AMLogic Kodi code has been turned off, which is one of the reasons that Android 4.4 firmware is no longer supported.
- If installing third-party add-ons, you have to acknowledge that the add-on is not supported by the Kodi foundation.
- You can now view which add-ons have been installed or updated.
- Settings section has now been made more clear.
- Music library improvements – tag reading and scraping, improved artists handling.
- Tons of other improvements.