This is the ultimate guide on how to play Zed Run, the popular digital horse racing game. Zed Run is a crypto game where all transactions take place on the blockchain.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through all of the steps you need to take to get started playing Zed Run successfully, including:
- How does Zed Run work?
- How do you know what the best horses are?
- How do bloodlines, genotype, breed type, and coat color effect Zed Run horses?
- How do you buy Zed Run horses?
- How do you create a Zed Run account and sync it to your crypto wallet?
- How do you enter races and win money playing Zed Run?
If you want to know anything else, make sure to comment down at the bottom of this guide. If there is interest, we will do a guide on breeding, training, and racing in the game.
Zed Run is a play-to-earn horse racing game where players can own, breed, and race digital horses with other players around the world.
Zed Run is built on the blockchain, enabling players to experience the same benefit of owning a real-world thoroughbred racehorse. All transactions are stored on the blockchain to verify their authenticity and keep the game safe for all players.
Every horse in Zed Run is unique and has their unique strengths and characteristics. They have different statistics that you can monitor and upgrade including gene purity, agility, and speed. These aspects make the game fun and layered.
Below, we’ll go into more detail on how to play Zed Run, the different types of horses, and tips for new players.
The idea behind Zed Run is simple and straightforward. You own or purchase digital horses, breed them, and take them for racing. You earn money if you win!
The game takes horse racing to a whole new level by relying on cryptocurrency, the blockchain, and NFTs to power the entire thing.
Players are able to earn money based on their performance and playing skills in the game. Horse sales and winnings are paid in the underlying cryptocurrency – Ethereum (ETH).
Zed Run has different horses with unique strength, characteristics, number, and bloodline. These factors are important considerations if you are looking for a horse with great purity and the ability to race.
The bloodline of your horse is very important in the game because it affects how a horse’s ability is calculated during the creation process. There are 4 different bloodlines in the game:
Buterin and Finney are the most common horses, while Nakamoto is the most rare. Like real horses, minting or buying a purebred horse that is a rare bloodline can be lucrative and earn you a lot of real world money. Blodlines contribute to 80% of a horses overall breeding price.
The other factor that determines the value of your horse is the genotype, or purity. The genotype is a number that corresponds to how far down the horses family tree it is relative to its original ancestors. The higher the genotype, the lower the chances that the race horse will have high stats.
The genotype is also important during breeding. If a horse has a genotype of Z5 and it breeds with a Z33, the new horse will be a Z38 (33 + 5).
Again, owning a horse with a low Z number can be really lucrative in the game.
The breed type helps identify you horses genotype. It is an easy way to determine the value that
your Z number has. Z1 to Z10 horses are Genesis horses and they go down the list after that.
The breed types in Zed Run are:
Breeding with the same breed type of yours is preferred.
The last factor that determines the value of your horse is its coat color. Coat color does not affect stats and is a cosmetic factor. However, some colors are a lot rarer than others and increase the value of the horse when you want to sell it.
There is a complex coat color formula to determine what color your offspring horse is. A chart below shows off some of the super rare, rare, and common coat colors.
Zed Run introduces a fresh outlook on where sports can go. At its core, it combines the best of NFTs, crypto, gambling, and sport and puts all these components together in an amazing way. Here are some of the reasons why Zed Run is exciting:
Zed Run brings the thrill of horse-racing to the attention of the world. Players feel the excitement, nerves, and adrenaline watching their horses race. Fans can invest and place bets on their favorites.
The best part is that anybody can join the fun from their computer. You don’t have to travel to the track or feel overwhelmed. Just sign up for an account and start playing.
Aside from being financially accessible to everyone, you don’t get to pay the same bills as those breeding real-world horses. Anyone can take part in Zed Run and have the opportunity to make money.
As a game that offers an opportunity for players to make money, you can make a career from Zed Run and continually generate passive income. It’s profit, gaming, global opportunity, and the thrill of a race that makes the game exciting.
What is Zed Run Wallet?
The Zed Run wallet is the basic access into the entire game. Once setup with a wallet, you can:
- purchase racehorses
- enter any race
- breed your horses without paying transaction or gas fees.
Powered by the Polygon Network, The wallet allows for these two important benefits:
- Zero gas or transaction fees when racing
- 10x improvement in load times and transaction speeds.
In other words, the Zed Run wallet serves as a gateway between your ETH balance on the Polygon Network and your ETH balance on the Ethereum Mainnet. Whenever you have funds in your Polygon Network ETH balance, you can start breeding and racing.
Ethereum’s value still remains the same even when it’s transferred to your Polygon Network ETH balance. Plus, the Zed Run wallet lets you deposit and withdraw ETH any time from your Polygon Network ETH Balance.
There are a few ways to buy your horse, including:
- Drops: Drops are usually limited. You may be disappointed if you rely on drops to purchase horses. However, it is a chance to get your hands on discounted and rare horses if you keep watch.
- A secondary market like OpenSea.
- A private sale through the marketplace.
How to Play Zed Run
Getting started playing the Zed Run crypto game requires a few basic steps:
- Creating a MetaMask wallet
- Transferring Ethereum to MetaMask
- Creating a Zed Run account
- Purchasing a race horse using WETH
- Playing the game, entering races, and earning money
If this sounds confusing to you, don’t worry. We will walk you through each step in the process below.
Follow the guide below to buy your first racehorse:
Follow the instructions below to create an account on MetaMask, so that you can transfer Ethereum and play Zed Run.
If you are a beginner, we have a complete tutorial guide with pictures for every instruction here: How to create a MetaMask account.
- Visit the official Metamask website at https://metamask.io/. Both Chrome and Firefox are supported by MetaMask, so make sure you are using one of those browsers.
- Click the Download button in the top right corner of the Metamask home page.
- Click on Install MetaMask for Chrome/Firefox.
- In the Metamask store listing page, click on Add to Chrome or Add to Firefox, depending on which browser you are using.
- Your browser will make sure that you actually want to install MetaMask in your browser. Read the disclaimer and then click on Add extension.
- After MetaMask is done installing in your browser, click on MetaMask in your Extensions area to launch your wallet. You may have to restart the browser in order for MetaMask to show up in here.
- Login to your main MetaMask dashboard and make sure the Ethereum Mainnet is selected.
- Under the ETH section of the dashboard, hover over the account address and click on it to copy your address to your clipboard.
- Go to Binance (or Coinbase or FTX another crypto exchange) and log in if you aren’t already. Click on the Buy Crypto button.
- Enter in an amount in the currency box and then change the Receive option to ETH. Then, click on Continue.
- Confirm your chosen source of payment on the next screen and then click on Continue. If you don’t have valid payment info, you will have to load it here and then click Continue a second time after that is done.
- Review your order details and then click Confirm to complete the transaction.
- From the top menu, go to Wallet > Fiat and Spot to see your crypto balances. Under ETH, where you should see your deposity, click on Withdraw.
- In the Address box, enter in the address of your wallet you copied from MetaMask. Set the amount you want to send and then click on Withdraw.
It’s now time to create your Zed Run account. Go to ZED RUN and click on the Start button in the top right corner.
Click on the Metamask wallet option.
MetaMask will launch in your browser and confirm that you want to connect it with Zed Run. Click on Next and then Connect to complete the setup process.
Click on Sign to confirm the digital signature request from Zed Run.
Next, you have to enter in some basic information about yourself and accept the terms and conditions. When you are done, you will click on Start using Zed.
You will be taken to the default Zed home page. Click on the Settings button with the gear icon.
Here, you can name your stable.
There are two main ways to get Zed Run horses:
- Wait for a drop from the development team
- Buy one on the Opensea marketplace
Drops are rare, so we will use the marketplace option. Click here to go to the Zed Run Opensea marketplace.
You can navigate and filter horses on the marketplace to find the price you want to pay. Then, click on a horse to view their entire listing.
In the horse listing page, open up the Properties tab to view the specific details of each horse. Use the information about to determine how rare and strong the horse is to you.
When you are reading to buy a horse, click on the Buy Now button. OpenSea will pop open your MetaMask wallet to select your Ethereum (ETH) wallet. Follow the instructions to confirm your purchase.
If you do not have enough ETH in your MetaMask wallet, you will take the wallet address that MetaMask gives you and you will follow from step 3 above in the “Transfer ETH to MetaMask” section.
If your transaction is successful, then you are good to go to start playing Zed Run.
How to Race in Zed Run
Now that you have purchased a Zed horse, you can participate in horse racing. Please note that out of the 12 horses that enter every race, only the top 3 will earn from the prize pool.
Raced horses have 5 classes, with 5 being the lowest and class 1 being the highest. There’s also a class called “Griffin” meant for unraced horses. Every horse must race in Griffin once before moving to ranked paid races.
Follow these steps to play Zed Run for the first time:
If you aren’t there, go to the homepage to play Zed Run.
To enter your first race, click on the Racing option on the top menu.
Select the class your horse is in (Select Griffin if unraced), scroll down to pick a gate, and then enter a racehorse. Select the horse you want to race and proceed to sign the MetaMask contract.
A time will be allocated to you when your race will start. It can be in minutes or you can book races hours in advance.
Start racing! You can watch the races live or watch the replay later if you want. To watch the replay, press the “replay” button from the results tab. After every race, you can enter your horse into another race.
The races take place in real time, which puts limitations on how many races you can enter at one time (just like real life).
Races can be free to enter, which means that they do not have a prize pool. These are great races to learn the game and level up your horse. You can also enter races with a price pool where you can win real money if you finish in the top 3.
There are 4 ways to make money on Zed Run. These include:
- Winning races. If your horse is among the top 3, you will receive between 15 and 60% of the total prize pool.
- Earning Stud Farm Fees. This process involves putting a male horse in a Stud Farm. Other players will pay you to breed in your Stud Farm.
- Breeding your own horses. Sell the offspring on NFT marketplaces or use it to race to earn money.
- Marketplace Flipping. You can flip horse NFTs in the marketplace to earn money.
Unlike a lot of other crypto games where you can only make money by selling off your assets, Zed Run is more varied. You have a better chance at earning money for raising horses and playing the game content.
If you want a more detailed guide on how to make money in Zed Run, comment down below and let us know.
If we missed anything in this Zed Run guide, comment below as well. This is an exciting game and we highly recommend checking it out if crypto games are your thing.