Are you looking for an easy way to play music videos Kodi through your home entertainment system? Check out Vevo TV, which allows you to watch high quality real music videos for free!
November 11 Update: For those of you who noticed that the Vevo add-on had stoped working, a 2.0.12 update has come out today that fixes the add-on’s link back to the Vevo website and makes things work great again.
When I have company over, I like to put on some music in the background for everyone to listen to and enjoy. Vevo has created a great Kodi add-on that everybody should check out. Not only can you listen to songs, but Vevo includes every music video you could ever want! So you can watch music videos on Kodi easily.
The Vevo add-on for Kodi works in the following countries: Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States. If you don’t like in one of those countries, you will need a VPN to access the add-on.
If you can enjoy music videos on Kodi via Vevo TV, then here are the steps for you to add the add-on:
- Open Kodi
- Select SYSTEM > Settings
- Select Add-Ons
- Select Get Add-ons
- Select the Kodi/XBMC repository
- Click on Video Add-ons
- Navigate to Vevo
- Click on Install
Vevo is now installed! To open:
- Navigate back to your Home Screen
- Select VIDEOS > Addons
- Select Vevo
Some of the great things about the Vevo TV add-on are:
- 3 broadcast channels: Hits, Flow (Rap and Hip-Hop), and Nashville (Country) means you can play music for hours without worrying.
- High video quality: Music videos on Kodi will stream in full 1080p quality.
- High audio quality: Music videos on Kodi will stream in great CD quality. If you do find that the music skips from time to time, you can decrease the audio quality by hitting ‘c’ to go into the context menu before launching the Vevo add-on. In the context menu, you can choose the audio quality and you can make it a step or two worse to see if that fixes the skipping.
- A large selection: Watch thousands of music videos!
- You can build your own playlists of your favourite music and play your favourite music videos on Kodi!
Vevo TV is one of those must have add-ons for Kodi. Go and grab it today!
Follow KodiTips on Twitter and Facebook for the latest Kodi news and updates!