There is now a Kodi Jango add-on, which lets you tap into the Jango.com database to play music from all of your favourite artists! Click here to get the Kodi Jango add-on.
August 1st: Jango is back and available to install from the new Fusion source below.
Kodi Jango is an add-on based on Jango.com, an internet radio streaming website, similar to Spotify. You can browse through a ton of pre-made playlists ranging from top 100 to different genres, themes, seasons, feelings, and more. In addition, you can search for a specific artist and start a “station” with that artist. As well, if you search for an individual song, you will have the option to play the music video for that song!
The Kodi Jango add-on is the perfect complement to the service. Unlike other music add-ons, which provide a music database and then queue up songs from Youtube, the Kodi Jango add-on connects right to the Jango server. While testing the add-on out, it meant that songs would play nearly instant and the quality was perfect. You should never get any sped up or slowed down version that users upload to Youtube to get around their copyright rules.
If you register for an account at jango.com, your history and favourites will sync to the Kodi Jango add-on! There are also mobile apps for Jango which will let you play music for free from your phone.
Overall, I think the Kodi Jango add-on is exactly what Kodi has needed. If you are interested in the Kodi Jango add-on, follow the guide below!
How to Install Jango Kodi Add-on (Jarvis, Krypton, Leia)
ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://fusion.tvaddons.co and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “fusion”. and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > “fusion” > kodi-repos > english > repository.xbmchub-x-x-x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > TVADDONS.co Repository > Video Add-ons > Jango > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification