The Halow TV Android app moves a popular live TV Kodi addon over to an Android APK, where it can be supported natively outside of Kodi into the future. Read below for the details.
Halow TV is a long-running live TV service with live IPTV channels to check out from around the world. Previously, it was presented as a Kodi addon. After the news broke about Dish Network suing Zem and TVAddons a few weeks ago, the Kodi addon went offline and a Halow TV Android APK was developed to support the streams.
Android APKs have some notable advantages over Kodi addons. Code is private and hidden, unlike the open-source Python code used in Kodi addons. As well, media playback is handled internally verses through Kodi where users run many different versions of the software and its dependencies.
Inside of the Halow TV Android APK, you’ll find tons of live TV channels, with the large majority being in full HD. Channels are split up by country, including Australia, Greece, Swedish, Turkish, UK, USA, Canada, and more. Android Kodi users can install the addon using our guide below:
How to install Halow TV Android App
- From your ANDROID home screen, click on the Google Play Store icon to launch Android’s app store.
- Use the magnifying glass search icon to search for Halow TV.
- Highlight the app and click on Install. If you are prompted to give permission in order to get the app, click Accept or Yes.
- The app will now download. When it is done, you should be able to launch the Android APK from this screen or else find the app in your Android Apps section.
How to Install Halow TV APK – Manual Install Method
If you have an Amazon Fire Stick/Fire TV or another.Android box that doesn’t have the Google Play Store, follow the instructions below:
- Download Halow TV APK by going to the web browser on your Android box, typing in overdose.srve.io/apk . Visit that link and then click on the halow_tv.apk file to download it to your Android box.
- Go back to the home screen of your Android box and launch ES File Explorer (Download it from the Google Play Store if needed).
- Within ES File Explorer, click Local > Download
- Click on the halow_tv.apk file and click install to install it on your box. Once completed, Halow TV will be found with your other Android apps.
Halow TV APK is now installed on your Android Box and the App can be accessed by going into Apps from the Home screen of your Android Box, Enjoy!