Terrarium TV is a popular Android APK that provides the equivalent of Exodus, Specto, or Elysium, without the need for using Kodi. Find out how to install it below.
The Terrarium TV Android app is an APK that you can load onto any Android device such as a phone, tavlet, or TV Box. Similar to third party Kodi addons that scrape the public internet for media, Terrarium TV does the same thing without requiring the Kodi interface for media playback. Instead, it uses an Android media player, such as VLC or MX Player, to playback files.
Terrarium TV Android Information
Anyone with an Android Kodi box (Fire Stick and Fire TV included) can install Terrarium TV.
Just like multi-source Kodi addons such as Covenant, Exodus, or Elysium, the Terrarium TV Android app is a multi-source addon, meaning that it pulls streams from a variety of resolvers. The developers behind Terrarium have to update these resolvers when they go down and work to ensure that content is available in the addon.
Terrarium hosts no content and only scrapes data from the public internet.
Terrarium TV Features and Recent Updates
The latest version of Terrarium TV is v1.8.3, which was released on November 16, 2017. The change log for the latest version is as follows:
- Auto switch to an alternative subtitles provider if the default one doesn’t work
- Added results limit to Alluc (Default: 20) – site limit is 200 per day
- Added 9 new providers and 2 new resolvers
- Added Greek translation
- Fixed existing providers and disabled broken ones
- Fixed and improved built in video player (ExoPlayer)
- Fixed trakt.tv
- Fixed new episode checker
- Fixed file extension of downloaded videos
- Reduced APK size
- Improved performance and user interface.
Before that was v1.8.1, which contained the following improvements:
- Added aspect ratio adjustment for built-in video player (ExoPlayer).
- Added volume adjustment feature in ExoPlayer on Android TV dvices.
- Added Real-Debrid provider: AllRelease.
- Added 5 new regular providers.
- Added 3 new resolvers.
- Fixed existing providers and resolvers
- Reduced loading time for TV shows Trending section
- Fixed bugs of built-in video player (ExoPlayer)
- Fixed trailers on Fire TV
- Fixed bugs, improved performance, improved UI, and updated translations
Terrarium TV boasts the following nice features:
- Sort TV shows by different nations or languages.
- Bookmark your favourite shows and movies for easy watching later.
- Sources are ordered in descending video quality.
- Choose whether to start each media file with or without subtitles.
- Download files to your Android Kodi box for later watching.
- Trakt.tv support
- Real-Debrid support!
- Support for Android TV, TV Box, Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick
- Multi-language subtitles
- Genre selection
- Native Chromecast support
- New episode notification
Is Terrarium TV Legal?
According to the Terrarium TV website, “Terrarium TV uses streaming technology instead of torrenting (P2P). Unless you share or upload videos, you’ll be ok.”.
In their terms and conditions, they state: “In case of copyright infringement, please directly contact the responsible parties or the streaming websites. Terrarium TV operates as a search engine of TV shows and movies content found publicly available on the internet, in principle conducting in the same way as Google. However, Terrarium TV strongly believes in the protection of intellectual property and would be willing to assist when possible and applicable. The videos are streamed directly from the third-party video sharing services.”
How to Install Terrarium APK
Terrarium is not available on the Google Play Store. Instead, it must be manually downloaded and sideloaded onto your device. You can also use Android software that automatically sideloads APKs for you.