The FreeFlix HQ Android APK is an alternative to Terrarium, a multi-source scraping addon that specializes in pulling content off of the internet to stream on your Android Box.
FreeFlix HQ Android APK is a downloadable application that can be loaded on to an Android TV box or your Windows or Mac OS. Similar to Terrarium TV, FreeFlix scrapes the public internet to return video streams and metadata, presented in a nice layout for everyone.
FreeFlix HQ Latest Version
The latest update to the APK is from September 21st version v3.0.9. It doesn’t contain a full change log but here are the changes we know about:
- Updated Live TV (from FreeFlix TV)
- Many improvements
Previously, FreeFlix HQ made the following changes:
- Improved built-in player
- Fixed TV Shows not loading Episodes on Server 5
- Fixed Episode Links not populating on some servers
- Fixed Live TV not updating channels database
- Improved Live TV stability
- Removed (flagged) many Adult content
- Fixed many other crashes
- Many other minor bugs removed
- Improved performance and stability.
FreeFlix HQ Android Features
FreeFlix HQ comes with an impressive list of features with it:
- Support for Android TV, Windows, or Mac OS. Also works on Amazon Fire TV, Nvidia Shield, and Xbox One
- Unlimited 1080p video streams
- Chromecast support
- The ability to download and watch streams offline
- Anime content
- TV Calendar & Schedule loaded right into the addon for quick reference
- Wrestling on Demand content
- Trakt.TV support
- Trailers, full metadata, and content information right at your fingertips
- A nice interface
- Built-in streaming media player with subtitle support
- Customizable skin
- Live IPTV Channels – New Music section
- Optimized for all TV screens
NOTE: If you have an Xbox One, you can find this app by searching for “FreeFlix HQ” in the App Store there.
Is Freeflix HQ Legal?
The FreeFlix HQ Android APK does not store or host any content. It aggregates links from the public interface. Refer to their Disclaimer, which states the following:
FreeFlix HQ does not own or host any content. It simply aggregates links in a convenient, user-friendly interface. Please email any questions or concerns to [email protected] We will be more than happy to comply with any DMCA requests.
How to Install FreeFlix HQ Android APK – Standard Instructions
FreeFlix HQ is not available on the Google Play Store. Instead, it must be manually downloaded and sideloaded onto your device. You can also use Android software that automatically sideloads APKs for you.
- From your Android home screen, navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources.
- Download the Freeflix HQ APK from this link and move it onto your Android TV box.
- Navigate to the Freeflix HQ APK file you moved onto your box and run the file. HINT: You can download ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store to make navigating file folders easy. You can also run the APK from inside of ES File Explorer.
- When you launch the APK, select Install. Freeflix will install and then it will appear in your apps section when it is done.
How to Install FreeFlix HQ Android APK – FireDL Instructions
FireDL is an Android tool that allows you to install APKs not found inside of the Google Play Store without the need to transfer files onto your device. To install FreeFlix HQ via FireDL, follow the guide below. If you already have FireDL installed on your Android device, you can skip to step #5. Click here to learn more about FireDL.
- Fire off, Enable Unknown Sources from your Android Box Settings > System > Debug Options menu.
- From your Android TV Box main menu, launch the Google Play Store and sign in if you aren’t already
- Using the search box, type in FireDL.
- Click on FireDL and press Install. Accept the permissions popup if necessary.
- Launch FireDL from your Apps area.
- Enter the following shortcode into the File URL field at the top of FireDL: FFHQ
- Click on Download to load the file onto your device. After it is finished, you will be prompted to install the application.