Get the Kodi 17.4 Download, officially available now, and find key bugs fixed in this version of Kodi.
Event though development from the Kodi Foundation has moved on to Kodi 18, you can now access the Kodi 17.4 Download, which fixes some bugs found in the last version of Kodi and updates the backend dependencies used within the software.
Kodi 17.4 Bug Fixes
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows due to an issue in Python
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows when enabling zeroconf
- Fix sporadic crash on Windows when installing or updating add-ons
- Fix issue for users with reverse proxies attempting to forward websockets.
- Fix possible issue if Linux distro uses system ffmpeg and cause black screen with 10-bit H.265
- Properly throttle scraping music information online to prevent overloading the provider
- Fix native keyboard on iOS 11
- Fix potential crash on Android O loading App icons
- Fix non showing Kodi banner on Android O
- Fix potential crash on Android with certain keymaps
- Fix wrong detection of VP6 and VP8 videocodec on Android
- Update FFmpeg to 3.1.9
- Set hard requirement to use FFmpeg 3.1.x only
- Fix for Hangup when viewing recording and pressing next/previous
- Fix merged scraped album type and label correctly with that derived from tags from music files
- Fix possible crash on Linux when using ALSA
- Save skin settings immediatly after they have changed instead of only on shutdown
Are you can see above, this has some bug fixes on nearly every operating system supported by Kodi. We also noticed that backend dependencies, such as InputStream Adaptive used to access live streams, have also been updated to newer versions
Kodi 17.4 Download
- On Windows/Mac/Linux – On your computer, simply head over to the official Kodi 17.4 download page and select your operating system.
- On Android – Head into the Google Play Store and search for Kodi. When the new version of Kodi is available for download, you will see an update icon if you already have Kodi installed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall Kodi and install your version fresh, though this is not mandatory.
Let us know on Twitter or Facebook if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers
12 thoughts on “Kodi 17.4 Download Release: Key Bugs Fixed”
I have recently downloaded Kodi Krypton 17.4 on iOS 11 not only is it crushing but Sports Devil won’t work please help.
Lodi 17.4 On firestick keeps crashing after getting thru area wizard
I’m trying to download kodi 17.4 on my stick but it gets to the end and an error comes up saying connection lost but there’s nothing wrong with my connection
never fix it!if it works,
get to know how you can download HD movies for free
No more crash on my Sony Android TV 2015.
Thank you !
Just crash crash crash…..
Just installed Kodi v17.4 and now NOTHING works!!! I can’t install ANY add-ons and the ones I had, I lost after deleting the common files after 17.4 kept crashing and refusing to let me reinstall it. I’m soooo damn frustrated now!!!
Installed 17.4 now I can’t install any addons!
I’am not updating anything else, still have one firestick with 17.1 and it works just as good as my 17.3. It’s a pain in the butt just adding an app. As i always say, if it ain’t broke, don’t go & mess it up LOL.
the 17.4 update is corrupting the kodi icon on the firestick. either in the recent apps row or the your apps and games row the icon is just a gray box
I backup my 1st gen and 2nd gen firestick kodi settings to my pc using adb fire. I always keep my backups up to date. I have no trouble restoring my kodi 17.3 backups to any firestick. After creating a backup of kodi 17.4 my backups fail to restore over and over on to my 1st gen firestick. I haven’t tried to restore any 2nd gen firestick yet using kodi 17.4. It seem that I have to restore my gen 1 using kodi 17.3 and then do a sideload upgrade to 17.4. Is this a bug?