Get the Kodi 17.4 Download, officially available now, and find key bugs fixed in this version of Kodi.
Event though development from the Kodi Foundation has moved on to Kodi 18, you can now access the Kodi 17.4 Download, which fixes some bugs found in the last version of Kodi and updates the backend dependencies used within the software.
Kodi 17.4 Bug Fixes
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows due to an issue in Python
- Potentially fix crashing on Windows when enabling zeroconf
- Fix sporadic crash on Windows when installing or updating add-ons
- Fix issue for users with reverse proxies attempting to forward websockets.
- Fix possible issue if Linux distro uses system ffmpeg and cause black screen with 10-bit H.265
- Properly throttle scraping music information online to prevent overloading the provider
- Fix native keyboard on iOS 11
- Fix potential crash on Android O loading App icons
- Fix non showing Kodi banner on Android O
- Fix potential crash on Android with certain keymaps
- Fix wrong detection of VP6 and VP8 videocodec on Android
- Update FFmpeg to 3.1.9
- Set hard requirement to use FFmpeg 3.1.x only
- Fix for Hangup when viewing recording and pressing next/previous
- Fix merged scraped album type and label correctly with that derived from tags from music files
- Fix possible crash on Linux when using ALSA
- Save skin settings immediatly after they have changed instead of only on shutdown
Are you can see above, this has some bug fixes on nearly every operating system supported by Kodi. We also noticed that backend dependencies, such as InputStream Adaptive used to access live streams, have also been updated to newer versions
Kodi 17.4 Download
- On Windows/Mac/Linux – On your computer, simply head over to the official Kodi 17.4 download page and select your operating system.
- On Android – Head into the Google Play Store and search for Kodi. When the new version of Kodi is available for download, you will see an update icon if you already have Kodi installed. Alternatively, you can also uninstall Kodi and install your version fresh, though this is not mandatory.