Install Kodi on Smart TV with Android OS compatibility built right into the TV thanks to a 4K Smart TV by Sony with Android preinstalled.
You can now install Kodi on Smart TVs that have the Android operating system built right into the TV from Sony. The obvious advantage is that you don’t need a separate Kodi box for your TV and you still get a Smart TV with Android OS compatibility.
If you are looking for a list of Smart TVs that support Kodi, go and check out our full guide.
The Sony XBR Series comes with the Android TV OS built right into the device. The TV itself boasts some great features:
Sony XBR Smart TV Features
- Full 4K HDR video
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Non-4K HDR Remaster
- Full-Array Local Booster and Dimming
- TRILUMINOS display with vibrant colours and smooth gradiations
- Motionflow for better fast-moving action
Sony Android TV Features
- Android 5 pre-installed
- Google Play Store pre-installed
- 2gb RAM
- 16gb ROM
- Voice control remote
The Sony XBR Smart TV with Android comes in four different sizes, ranging from 49-inches all the way up to 75-inches. MSRP starts at $1000, which is in line with other 4K TVs with the added bonus of Android included. And Sony has been a world leader in high quality TV for many years now, so you know you are dealing with a trusted brand.
If you would like to check out the Sony Smart TV with Android OS pre-install, check out the links below from Amazon:
How to Install Kodi on Smart TV With Android OS
- Launch the Android OS by clicking on the logo on your TV remote.
- From the Android main menu, click on the Google Play Store. Sign in with your google account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Search for Kodi using the search bar.
- Click on the Kodi icon and then click on Install. You may have to accept a warning that Kodi will alter your operating system.
- That’s it! After install, the Kodi icon will be available on your Android home screen.