Nvidia has announced the brand new Nvidia Shield Pro and Nvidia Shield TV Stick and both are available right now! This guide has all of the details, information, and tips for the new Shield, the best Kodi box available today.
The release date for the new Nvidia boxes was October 28th, 2019.
Nvidia Shield Pro Features
- New Tegra X1+ Process – 25% faster than the current Shield TV
- 3GB RAM
- Native support for Dolby Vision sound
- New remote control design
- Support for Dolby Atmos in Netflix and Amazon Prime
- AI Upscaling to 4K
- Plex Media Center built-in
- Bluetooth 5.0
Nvidia Shield Stick Features
The Nvidia Shield Stick is a new entry-level Shield device for the family. The device has a smaller “pen” shape to it with few ports and slightly less features. For example, it looks like no USB ports on the Stick – only a microSD car slot.
However, the Nvidia Shield Stick does have an ethernet port built in, which already gives it one key advantage over the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
The device appears to run the same new Nvidia Tegra X1 Plus as the Nvidia Shield Pro.
Plex Media Server also looks to be excluded from the new Stick device.
New Nvidia Shield Remote Details
Other than the increased specs in the new hardware, the new Nvidia Shield TV remote is the biggest new feature of the device. Like the last remote, this new version contains a microphone for voice control and Bluetooth connectivity to your device.
New to this remote are motion activated backlit buttons and a lost-remote locator function.
As well, the remote control contains an IR emitter, which means that the new Shield will communicate with IR smart-home devices.
The remote remains battery powered just like the last generation.
Where to Buy the New Nvidia Shield TV
Nvidia Shield TV Pro
- The Best of the Best. The world’s most powerful Android TV streaming media player upgraded to Android TV version 11. Enhance HD video in real-time to 4K for clearer, crisper visuals using next-generation AI upscaling. 2x USB 3.0 ports for storage expansion, USB cameras, keyboards, controllers, and more. Plex Media Server built-in, 3 GB RAM, and 16 GB storage
- Dolby Vision - Atmos. Bring your home theater to life with Dolby Vision HDR, and surround sound with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus—delivering ultra-vivid picture quality and immersive audio
Nvidia Shield TV Stick
- Fast. Really Fast. SHIELD TV takes media streaming to a whole new level, powered by the NVIDIA Tegra X1+ processor, SHIELD TV is the world’s most powerful Android TV streaming media player and has been upgraded to Android TV version 11
- Dolby Vision - Atmos. Bring your home theater to life with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos surround sound—delivering ultra-vivid picture quality and immersive audio. Enhance HD video in real-time to 4K for clearer, crisper visuals using next-generation AI upscaling
Buy the Old Nvidia Shield TV Pro
If you want to purchase the last generation of the Nvidia Shield TV, it is still available as well.
- World Class performance - blazing fast and versatile enough to be a streamer, game console, media server, and smart home hub. Fully customizable, SHIELD continues to evolve and get smarter with new features
- 4K HDR home Theater - enjoy the ultimate visual experience with 4K HDR quality, immersive sound with Dolby Atoms and dots-x Surround sound pass-through, and the most 4K entertainment; Power: 40 W power adapter (5-10 W typical consumption)
You can also buy and view information about the new Nvidia Shield on the official website.