If you are using the Xbox One through a 4K TV, you may notice that there is no text on screen in Kodi whenever you launch the app. Luckily, there is a fix, and we have the instructions below!
The Xbox One no text on screen error in Kodi is a known Microsoft issue and it affects some 4K TVs. There are two 4K resolution modes in the Kodi settings and the fix is to navigate without text to toggle the other options.
Simply follow the instructions below to get the text back in your Kodi on Xbox One!
How to Fix Xbox One No Text Error in Kodi
- Launch Kodi and click on the settings gear icon on the left hand menu.
- Click on the System icon (screwdriver and gear icon)
- You won’t see the menu options, but you will be on the Display tab. Move right once and you’ll be on the resolution option on the second line (first line is greyed out).
- Click A / Enter to enter the Resolution menu. The highlighted bar indicates the current choice, even though it doesn’t show any text.
- Move up and down. If you are on the bottom most option, choose the second to last option from the bottom and click A / Enter. If you are on the second to last option at first, choose the last option and click A / Enter.
- Now you should see all text and an option to confirm the change of resolution.
Note: If you go back to Kodi after the Xbox is turned off, you’ll have the same issue and will have to repeat the same steps about. Bookmark this page to come back to it in the future!
Let us know on Twitter or Facebook if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers