Aptoide is an App Store for Android devices that allows users to create their own store and share whatever they want. There is an Aptoide Kodi addon that makes it easy to install any of these apps on your Android TV hardware. Come find out what apps Aptoide has available in our guide!
Unlike the Google Play Store which is managed centrally and has rules about what kinds of apps can be uploaded, the Aptoide App Store is open. This means that with Aptoide, you can install Android APKs such as Terrarium TV, Show Box, and others.
If you enjoy loading apps onto your Android TV alongside Kodi, then installing the Aptoide App Store is a must today.
Some of the Android APKs available to install quickly via Aptoide are:
- Terrarium TV
- Freeflix HQ
- ES File Manager
- Speedtest (helpful for troubleshooting buffer)
The Aptoide App Store can be installed on any Android device. If you are comfortable inside of Kodi, then you can install the Aptoide Kodi addon which lets you install apps onto your Android.box from within Kodi.
First off – Enable Unknown Sources
The first thing you want to do is enable unknown sources on your hardware. Without this, you won’t be able to install any of the apps!
- From your Android home screen, navigate to Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources.
How to Install Aptoide App Store – Android method
The traditional way to install Aptoide an an Android or Android TV device is the method below:
- Launch the web browser on your device.
- Navigate to https://aptoide.com
- Click on the main button that says “Install Aptoide – It’s Completely Free“
- The Aptoide APK will automatically download itself onto your device.
- Depending on your device, you may be able to run this Aptoide App Store installer right when it is finished downloading. If not, you can navigate to your Downloads folder and launch it from there. On Android TV, you may need to install ES File Explorer to reach the Downloads folder.
- Launch the installer, allow permissions, and install Aptoide. When finished, it will be available in your Apps area.
How to Install Aptoide Kodi Add-on (Jarvis, Krypton, Leia)
On Android TV, an Aptoide Kodi addon has been created that makes it really easy to install apps on your device. Complete the steps below within Kodi.
ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://fspmkodi.com/repo/ and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “.fspm”. and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > “.fspm” > repository.firestickplusman-x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Firestickplusman Addons > Video Add-ons > Aptoide > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
When you launch the Aptoide Kodi addon, you will be able to browse apps and install them directly from Kodi!