The Downloader app for the Amazon Fire TV in a simple and easy to use tool that lets you search for and install third-party APKs for the Amazon Fire TV that may not be available through Amazon’s official app store. It is the preferred method for installing Kodi, Plex, and other third-party applications.
In our Downloader app guide below, we will show you how to install Downloader and use it to install applications you would have to otherwise manually sideload onto your Amazon Fire TV hard (Stick, Dongle, and Cube).
Downloader App Features
Downloader comes with some easy-to-use features:
- Download files simply by inputting their URL address. No extra hardware needed!
- Navigate websites and internet links with only the Amazon Fire TV remote.
- Save and favorite frequently visited URLs and addresses.
- Install APKs onto your Amazon hardware right from within the app. Delete files when you are done with the.
The Downloader app for the Amazon Fire TV was developed by AFTVnews, one of the largest Amazon Fire news sources on the internet today.
How to Install Downloader on the Amazon Fire TV
- Launch the Amazon Appstore and click on the Search button at the top of the app.
- Enter “Downloader” in the search bar and click Enter.
- Click on the Downloader tile (it should be the same as the image at the top of this page).
- Click on Install. You may need to allow Downloader some permissions, which is okay.
- When the app has finished downloading, it will be available in your Amazon Apps section on your device.
And that’s it!
How to Use Downloader
Before you use the Downloader app on the Amazon Fire, you should enable installing apps from unknown sources. This will allow you to install the APK files you search for in Downloader.
- On your Amazon Fire home page, press Up to select the navigation tabs. Scroll to the right until you reach the Settings option and click on it.
- Select Device > Developer Options. Scroll down to the option “Apps from Unknown Sources” and make sure it says ON (click on it if it doesn’t).
Next, learn how to use the Downloader app to download third-party applications, such as Kodi:
- Launch the Downloader app.
- In the URL text box, enter in the address of the third-party APK location. For Kodi, you can enter http://kodi.tv/download as one example.
- Downloader opens up this page just like a web browser does.
- If you want to continue installing Kodi, select your OS and the version and click on Install. When you click on a .APK file, Amazon will trigger the installation of this file.
- Just like when you downloaded Downloader, you may be asked to allow the application access to your Amazon Fire.
When the install is done, APKs will appear in your Apps section alongside others that you downloaded officially from the Appstore.