The Nvidia Shield TV 2 Kodi box is the top Android box on the market today. Get the details on the Nvidia Shield TV 2 and buy it today.
November 8th: The Nvidia Shield (remote version) is on a crazy pre-Christmas deal through Amazon right now. You can get the Nvidia Shield for only $139, which we believe is one of the cheapest prices its ever been. It is also in sale through amazon.ca for Canadian customers.
- Click here to buy the Nvidia Shield (USA Customers)
- Click here to buy the Nvidia Shield (Canadian Customers)
May 24th: All versions of the Nvidia Shield has been updated to Android 8.0 and Nvidia OS 7.0, bringing with it a brand new interface and new features! Check out the updates that all existing and new Nvidia Shield TV 2 & 1 owners can expect to receive the next time they update their box:
- A brand new user interface
- The latest security updates.
- Quick access to Settings on the home screen by holding the back button.
- Support for high polling rate gaming mice for Nvidia Gamestream.
- Improved support for game controllers:
- Customize SHIELD controller thumbstick dead zones (Settings > Apps > Input viewer)
- Xbox 360 and DualShock 4 v2 controllers
- DualShock 4 controllers using USB wireless adapters
- Adds “Connect” option to re-pair disconnected Bluetooth accessories (Settings -> Accessories)
- Ability to connect to Wi-Fi without disconnected Ethernet (Settings > Network > Ethernet)
- General stability fixes on SHIELD remote (2017) and controller (2017)
- Latest access firmware
The Shield TV was the highest spec’d Android Kodi box on the market when it was released in 2015 and the latest Nvidia Shield TV 2 Kodi box brings updated features and support. It is our favourite Android TV based hardware and is the perfect box for streaming media, IPTV, games, and more.
Below, check out Nvidia Shield specs, features, where to buy, and other important information.
Nvidia Shield TV 2 Kodi Box Features
- Watch movies and TV in killer 4K HDR view.
- Explore thousands of streaming apps like Kodi, Netflix, Youtube, HBO, Showtime, Sling TV, Playstation Vue, Pandora, Spotify, and more.
- Google Assistant voice command support – Just say what you want and let the Shield TV find it.
- Redesigned Shield TV controller with voice search, rumble feedback, private listening, and new form factor
- With GeForce NOW, play exclusive Android Games or stream games from your PC to the Shield TV
Nvidia Shield TV 2 Kodi Box Specs
- SoC: Tegra X1
- CPU: 2.0 GHz 4 ARM Cortex-A57 and 4 ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit cores
- GPU: 1000 MHz Maxwell (core configuration: 256:16:16)
- RAM: 3 GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 16 GB SSD, or 500 GB HDD(pro version)
- External Storage: micro SD slot
- Gigabit Ethernet
- HDMI 2.0 port
- micro USB 2.0 port
- USB 3.0 ports x2: for mouse, keyboard and external hard drives
- IR Receiver: for TV remote
- 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi, compatible with 802.11g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.1/BLE: for headsets, other game controllers, etc.
Interested in buying the new Nvidia Shield TV 2 and putting the most advanced Android Kodi box into your house?
Buy the Nvidia Shield TV 2 Kodi Box
- Remote only: Buy in USA – Buy in Canada
- Remote + Controller: Buy in USA – Buy in Canada
- Shield TV Stand – $29.99
Other Important Nvidia Shield Information
After you buy or get your hands on the new Nvidia Shield, check out some of our helpful setup information:
- Nvidia Shield TV Quick Setup Guide
- How to Install Kodi on the Nvidia Shield
- Nvidia Shield VPN Setup Guide
After you buy the new NVidia Shield TV 2 Kodi box, make sure to check out Koditips.com for guides and information on how to install all of your favourite Kodi add-ons.
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers
6 thoughts on “Nvidia Shield TV 2 Kodi Box: Specs, Details, Purchase”
Don’t know what a “Kodi Box” is let alone the shield it is for far more then just a kodi a kodi box. And to say it’s new because of a 19mb update is insane 6.2 was a follow up to 6.0 that has the Nvidia shield tv community in uproar because of the remote connectivity problem….. Kodi Box lol
Still got my 1st gen firestick i got 4 £20 2years ogo has not miss a beat got 3apk on it and 20addons in my kodi it the love of my life so not 4 me
I am really interested in your products and would like to become your distributor in south Africa.
This isn’t so much the Shield TV2, as its a Shield TV Slim… Really using what is probably getting onwards of a 2yo SoC. Likely more like 3yo tech taking development into consideration. And they didn’t feel the need to up it? This from a Company that throws high-end GPU under the Bus every 12 weeks or so?
Fine let’s say the X1 really, was that good. Couldn’t they have at least bumped the RAM up to 6Gb, and the EMMC to oh I donno… 128Gb?
^ IKR the new specs are not that great, not much better than the 1st
Why are they not using the A72/A53 chip set and going to 4gb of ram is it cost please they will fall behind this year for sure.