Looking for a quick and easy way to clear cache, delete thumbnail, or purge packages in Kodi? The Rock Cleaner Kodi addon is a simple tool for basic Kodi maintenance.
Learning how to clear cache in your Kodi system is one of the most basic maintenance tools you can learn how to do. Over time, the Kodi folder on your device accumulates more and more temporary files. These temporary files are downloaded to save you bandwidth and prevent Kodi from needing to download them every time they are called upon. However, as they build up, they tend to eat up space and slow everything down anyways. The Rock Cleaner Kodi addon is a quick and simple solution to this problem.
After you install the Rock Cleaner addon, you’ll see the following 4 simple options in the main menu:
When Kodi needs to queue up a stream, it fills up a cache memory in Kodi. You might have seen a “cache full” message in the corner of Kodi before when trying to play a stream. Clearing the cache should be the first troubleshooting tool you perform when streams are buffering or not loading prooperly.
Every Kodi addon and menu now has tons of thumbnail files that appear when you hover and navigate through addons. These thumbnails are saved in a special folder so that they don’t have to be loaded from the internet each time. Over time, your thumbnail folder accumulates pictures from old non-working addons. Delete your thumbnails to save space and force a re-download of them, which is handy when addons update their thumbnails and you can’t see the changes.
When you install a Kodi addon, it first downloads a packaged zip file from the internet, extracts it, and installs it in your Kodi addons folder. Over time, these packaged files can take up a lot of unnecessary space. Purge packages in Kodi today and clean up the back-end file structure of Kodi.
Kodi periodically looks for updates to repositories and addons while you run it and it also does this on initial startup. Use the Update Repositories option in the Rock Cleaner Kodi addon to force look for an update, handy if you know a new update should be on its way.
So with the Rock Cleaner Kodi addon, you can do some really nice and basic Kodi maintenance to keep your system cleaner and faster.
How to Install Rock Cleaner Kodi Add-on (Clear Cache, Purge Packages, Delete Thumbnails)
ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://rockodi.com and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “rock”. and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > “rock” > repository.rockcrusher-x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Rockcrusher repository > Program Add-ons > Rock Cleaner > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification