Stream ESPN on Kodi, and its secondary channels, thanks to the ESPN 3 Addon, which bring watchESPN to Kodi. ESPN is the USA’s number one sports channel.
NOTE: The following guide to stream ESPN on Kodi thanks to the watchESPN service and ESPN 3 Kodi addon is only available to those who already subscribe to cable, Sling TV, or Playstation Vue. If you are a complete cord cutter, the guide below will not help you.
WatchESPN is ESPN’s live IPTV service which allows you to the following ESPN channels and affiliates:
- ESPN Deportes
- ESPN Goal Line
- ESPN Buzzer Beater
- Longhorn Network
- SEC Network
ESPN is the home to many American sports, including NFL Football, College Football (NCAAF), NBA Basketball, The Open Golf Championship, The X-Games, UEFA Soccer, Major League Baseball, Cricket, World Cup of Hockey, Tennis, Canadian Football, and tons more.
The WatchESPN service is available on Kodi via the ESPN 3 add-on, which allows you to stream ESPN on Kodi. In order to authenticate with the addon, you need to be subscribed to one of the following cable providers:
- AT&T U-verse
- Bright House Networks
- Charter Communications
- Cox Communications
- Dish Network
- Google Fiber
- Grande Communications
- Midcontinent Communications
- Time Warner Cable
- Verizon FiOS
- Xfinity TV (formerly Comcast Digital Cable)
- Atlantic Broadband is set to begin allowing access to the service for its customers by the end of 2014.
- DirecTV (the largest holdout among major pay TV providers)
- Sling TV
- Playstation Vue
If you subscribe to one of the company above and use Kodi on a secondary TV or prefer to use the Kodi interface, stream ESPN on Kodi easily via the install guide below.
How to Install ESPN 3 Kodi Add-on: WatchESPN (Jarvis, Krypton, Leia)
- From your Kodi home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Repository > Kodi Add-on repository > Video Add-ons > ESPN 3 > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
The first time you launch the ESPN 3 Kodi addon, you’ll be asked to enter in your cable provider login information before you can stream ESPN on Kodi.