The Superrepo Kodi repository is taking heat this morning after multiple users have found that Superrepo is pushing a Genesis 5.0.8i auto-update out that removes the download feature from Genesis. Read more information below!
This morning, multiple Kodi users found that the Superrepo Kodi repository is pushing a Genesis 5.0.8i update out. This modified version of Genesis 5.0.8 appears to contain all of the same features as the official lambda version, except that the download option has been removed! The new Genesis download feature use a new method of downloading developed by Super Favorites developer spoyser and has been a big hit in the Kodi community!
If you see that your Genesis add-on in Kodi is reading as Genesis 5.0.8i, you can have Genesis installed from Superrepo and not from the official TVADDONS fusion repository. To uninstall Genesis 5.0.8i, remove Superrepo, and install Genesis from the official lambda repository, follow our guides below!
Remember: It is always a good idea to only install add-ons from the OFFICIAL repository and not an unofficial one. If you have Genesis installed from another repository other than lambda, you will not be getting updates as soon as they come out.
How to uninstall Genesis 5.0.8i
- Open Kodi and navigate to your Video add-ons.
- Hover over Genesis and press the menu button and click on add-on information.
- Click uninstall and yes to confirm.
How to remove the SuperRepo Repository (stop Superrepo from overwriting Genesis with its own version)
- Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > Add-ons > Install From Repository
- Highlight the SuperRepo repository (or the one you want to delete) and press the menu button > Add-On Information > Uninstall
- After deleting a repo, it is a good idea to restart Kodi.
Proper Genesis 5 Install Guide (Lambda Repository)
- Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “Fusion”. and then click OK
- Go back to your Home Screen and then to SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from Zip File > “Fusion”
- Select xbmc-repos > english > repository.lambda-1.1.0.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Get Add-Ons or Install from Repository (on Isengard) > lambda Add-on repository > Video Add-ons >Genesis > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
That’s it! Go and enjoy the new Genesis 5.0.8 as it was meant to be, with the new downloading feature! Let us know on Twitter and Facebook if you have any problems!
Note: UK internet service providers have blocked some of the website hosts used by Genesis. If you find that you are from the UK and aren’t seeing many choices for a particular show or movie, you can buy a VPN account to hide your internet traffic and make it look like you are from a different country. IPVanish is one of the best VPN clients because it is tier 1 (no speed slowdown) and log-free so that you are protected. The cost is about the same as a Starbucks coffee per month. Sign up with this link or click here to read more information about IPVanish.
9 thoughts on “SuperRepo Forcing Genesis 5.0.8i Update; Downloading Removed”
Where do we find the SRP repo? I can’t find it when doing a frah install. Thanks in advance;
MUCKY DUCK FIX THE F.U.B.A.R. !!!! CATEGORIES WITH NO CONTENT !!!! WHY HAVE GREAT MENUS, EMPTY!!!??? WTF MUCKY FUBAR DOCS AND CONTENT ERROR!!!!!!!!!!! AND EVERYTHNG IS GONE!!! WHATS THE POINT? JUST DELETE YOUR STUFF!!! STOP WASTING OUR TIME!!! ONCE GREAT, NOW, NOT! RIP GENESIS RIP FUBAR MUCKY DUCK.. WHERE U TROLL MENUS… TO NOWHERE…. FOR NADA!!!!
GENISUS HAD EVERY EPISODE OF EVERYTHING!!!! IF I WANT GENERAL HOSPITAL REMAKES? I GO TO AN OLD FOLKS HOME!!!! EXODUS IS A LAME ATTEMPT. BRING BACK GENESIS, OR GET!!! USELESS!!!!
DEAR MUCKYB DUCK DUCK WHAT GOOD ARE ALL YOUR MENU;S WITH NO CONTENT??? YOU WERE MY NUMBER ONE CHOICE ADDON.. NOW U ARE JUST A WASTE OF TIME. EITHER COMMIT, OR QUIT.
So I can download now, but how do I delete them now?
Quite a stir on tvaddons about this version and a direct call out from lambda tell you it’s the last warning would define “taking heat” in my books. If you want to give your side, follow me on Twitter and I’d be happy to clarify for the Kodi community! Cheers.
Spoken about bold: tweeting 4 times starting with “The Superrepo Kodi repository is taking heat this morning”
I had to search for the heat, found a few posts (not much heat), investigated it, could not find any evidence and even on request I got none. All I could find was Icanuck having 5.0.8i in his repo and I do have a screenshot of that.
Pretty bold for SRP to push through an unauthorized update. Great way to wreck credibility
Great and I have the download facility,but cannot delete videos I have downloaded and watched.