The Superrepo Kodi repository is taking heat this morning after multiple users have found that Superrepo is pushing a Genesis 5.0.8i auto-update out that removes the download feature from Genesis. Read more information below!
This morning, multiple Kodi users found that the Superrepo Kodi repository is pushing a Genesis 5.0.8i update out. This modified version of Genesis 5.0.8 appears to contain all of the same features as the official lambda version, except that the download option has been removed! The new Genesis download feature use a new method of downloading developed by Super Favorites developer spoyser and has been a big hit in the Kodi community!
If you see that your Genesis add-on in Kodi is reading as Genesis 5.0.8i, you can have Genesis installed from Superrepo and not from the official TVADDONS fusion repository. To uninstall Genesis 5.0.8i, remove Superrepo, and install Genesis from the official lambda repository, follow our guides below!
Remember: It is always a good idea to only install add-ons from the OFFICIAL repository and not an unofficial one. If you have Genesis installed from another repository other than lambda, you will not be getting updates as soon as they come out.
How to uninstall Genesis 5.0.8i
- Open Kodi and navigate to your Video add-ons.
- Hover over Genesis and press the menu button and click on add-on information.
- Click uninstall and yes to confirm.
How to remove the SuperRepo Repository (stop Superrepo from overwriting Genesis with its own version)
- Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > Add-ons > Install From Repository
- Highlight the SuperRepo repository (or the one you want to delete) and press the menu button > Add-On Information > Uninstall
- After deleting a repo, it is a good idea to restart Kodi.
Proper Genesis 5 Install Guide (Lambda Repository)
- Open Kodi and navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like “Fusion”. and then click OK
- Go back to your Home Screen and then to SYSTEM > Add-Ons > Install from Zip File > “Fusion”
- Select xbmc-repos > english > repository.lambda-1.1.0.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Get Add-Ons or Install from Repository (on Isengard) > lambda Add-on repository > Video Add-ons >Genesis > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
Note: UK internet service providers have blocked some of the website hosts used by Genesis. If you find that you are from the UK and aren’t seeing many choices for a particular show or movie, you can buy a VPN account to hide your internet traffic and make it look like you are from a different country. IPVanish is one of the best VPN clients because it is tier 1 (no speed slowdown) and log-free so that you are protected. The cost is about the same as a Starbucks coffee per month. Sign up with this link or click here to read more information about IPVanish.