Come check out all of the unique things about Fen and why you should add it to your Kodi addon collection today.
Our full guide below includes features list, sections list, setup guide, and tips to make sure that the addon is working great for you!
Table of Contents
- Fen Latest Version
- Fen Kodi Addon Features
- Fen Sections List
- How to Install Fen Kodi Addon
- Easynews & Furk Setup
Fen Kodi Latest Version
October 14th: Fen has been updated to v1.5.58. Some recent changes to the addon include:
- New “Discover Similar” feature in Movie and TV Show sections. Enter the name of a Movie/Show, then enter a year (or leave it blank), then choose the movie to find similar titles from the list. Browse or export the list as with other Discover filters.
- Trakt related functions have been re-coded and re-done.
- Added ‘Auto Start Fen when Kodi Starts’ setting to General -> Navigation. This will make Fen start automatically when Kodi is launched. The Default option is OFF.
- Added ‘Discover’ Feature. Make your own lists by setting filters like ‘Genre’, ‘Start Year’, ‘Rating’, ‘Country’, etc. Browse the newly created list and/or export it to a Fen Main Menu item if you like, and give it a name. Help found is ‘Discover:Help’ to read up on this new feature.
- Added ability to export a Discover list from Discover History.
- Added ‘Exclude Genres’ to Discover to filter out Genres NOT wanted.
- Added ‘Change Filter/Clear Filter’ dialog when selecting a filter that already has a value.
Other recent changes include:
- Multiline support in search results
- Fix for when debrid is enabled in Fen but not in ResolveURL. You must have your debrid services enabled in both Fen and ResolveURL in order to see cached torrents.
- Re-wrote debrid cache checking code
- Implement single hash result caching for cachced torrent results.
- Option to only show cached or uncached torrents
- Improved code base
If you don’t have or see the latest version in the repository, make sure you install the latest version using our instructions at the bottom of this guide.
Fen Kodi Features
The Fen Kodi addon is multi-source addon, similar to Exodus , which is a Kodi addon that combines providers and resolvers to give you links to specific media queries.
The added perk of Fen is that it support both Easynews and Furk, two premium providers. Easynews is a usenet provider, which gives access to private servers with millions of media files that never get removed (unlike a free file host).
A full list of Fen Kodi features are:
- Full free user support from Fen’s scrapers and ResolveURL
- Cached torrent support
- Easynews support
- Furk support
- Download support
- Quickly access your Kodi library
- Search Trakt, Easynews, Furk, or by People
One thing that immediately impressed us about Fen was the high number of good quality links returned by the addon. Thanks to cached torrent support, we saw hundreds of 1080p or better links for a recent popular title.
After installing the Fen Kodi addon, you’ll see the following sections from the main menu:
- TV Shows
- My Trakt Lists
- In Progress
- Kodi Library
How to Install Fen Kodi Add-on (Jarvis, Krypton, Leia)
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://tikipeter.github.io and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like tiki and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > tiki > repository.tikipeter-x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Tikipeter’s repository > Video Add-ons > Fen > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
Easynews & Furk Setup
- Launch the Fen Kodi addon
- Navigate to Settings > SETTINGS: Accounts
- Enter in your Easynews and/or Fuek username and password in this page.
- Scroll down to the Search tab.
- Enable the Easynews and/or Furk source.
- If you’d like, you can limit the number of sources returned by Easynews or Furk so that you don’t waste any quotas or limits.
Fen Cached Torrent Tip
If you have a debrid account setup in Fen, you can cut down on your search time significantly by turning on cached torrents only and enabling torrent scrapers in the Tikiscraper settings.
Typically, searches with these settings take well under 20 seconds and you are assured of only seeing links which are definitely available to streak (no dead links!). If you subscribe to Furk or Easynews, turn those scrapers on too in Fen’s settings.
That’s it! When you search for a media title, it will bring in results from Easynews and/or Furk. As well, the Search section of the Fen Kodi addon also has specific searches for Easynews and Furk as well.
Give this addon a try and let us know what you think by commenting below or getting in touch with us on Twitter!
We have no control over and do not host or upload any video, films, media file, or live streams. KodiTips is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of streamed from your device. If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners or host sites.