Do you want to setup an M3U playlist in Kodi and watch live IPTV channels fast and easy? Our guide shows you the quickest way to get up and running with M3U files in Kodi. Read the full details in our guide.
An M3U playlist is a popular way to load multiple live IPTV channels. If you have an M3U player that can read these files, you have an interface to setup live TV. Kodi has multiple M3U playlists built right in so you don’t have to install any Kodi addons!
An M3U playlist is a plain text file. Inside of it are addresses to live streams and tagged channel names. If you go a google search for “new M3U playlist” or something similar, you will see hundreds or thousands of these files logged on the internet.
The Kodi cCloud service just recently announced cCloud Atom, an M3U playlist file that copies the cCloud live IPTV channel list. The cCloud Atom M3U file is located at http://ccld.io/atom.m3u
Fluxus TV is an example of another great M3U source.
Kodi M3U Playlist Advantages
- There is no need to go through the effort to install separate IPTV Kodi addons.
- Playback is passed directly to Kodi from the M3U file. There is no chance that a Kodi addon is somehow to blame for non-working streams.
- It is easy to switch to a new M3U playlist and reload your live TV.
- Kodi M3U players have built in Program Guide (EPG) capabilities)
Check out our simple guide below for details on how to setup an M3U playlist in Kodi without needing to install any addons!
How to Setup M3U Playlist in Kodi
- From the Kodi home screen, navigate to Add-ons > My Add-ons > PVR.
- Click on PVR IPTV Simple Client > Configure
- Under M3U Play List URL, enter in your .m3u file address and then click on OK.
- If you had the PVR IPTV Simple Client Enabled already, it should refresh and tell you how many channels were loaded in the top right corner.
- If PVR IPTV Simple Client is Disabled, click on the Enable button.
- Back on the Kodi home screen, click on TV to launch your M3U playlist and view what live IPTV channels have loaded.
- If you don’t have the TV icon on your home screen, navigate to Settings > Interface > Skin > Configure Skin > Enable TV and it will now be added to your main menu.
Advanced M3U Playlists in Kodi – Playlist Loader
The method above is perfect for loading M3U files into Kodi in a simple and fast way. However, the PVR IPTV Simple Client only allows you to load in more lists at a time.
if you want to load in multiple M3U Playlists, as well as some other nice features, check out the Playlist Loader Kodi addon today for more information.
NOTE: The instructions above are valid for the default Estuary Kodi skin. If you use a custom build or setup, these screens may look slightly different but you should be able to accomplish the same result.