The Playlist Loader Kodi addon is an addon for loading M3U playlists in Kodi. The big advantage Playlist Loader has over the traditional IPTV Simple Client is that you can load multiple M3U lists into it at one time. Read the full details in our guide!
For those of you who are interested in learning more about M3U Playlists in Kodi after reading our complete IPTV guide or Simple M3U Playlist guides, you’ll want to next explore the Playlist Loader Kodi addon.
Playlist Loader is an M3U Playlist loader similar to Simple Client. However, Playlist Loader has support for adding multiple M3U playlists.
This means that you don’t have to overwrite one IPTV list with another and you can add, remove, configure, and manage as many as you want at one time.
Playlist Loader Latest Version
The latest version of the Playlist Loader Kodi addon is v1.3, which comes with the following updates:
- Added default icons
- Added transparency to existing icons for better theme integration
- Added virtual directories feature to allow a better categorization of m3u lists
- Refresh favourites list when moving an item
- Ability to move playlists root and directories sides
- Refresh playlists and directories when moving an item
- Disabled TVDB and MovieDB for now (waiting for improvements)
If the Playlist Loader Kodi addon sounds like it is made for you, check out three installation methods listed below. Underneath that, we have some basic configuration and setup information.
How to Install Playlist Loader Kodi Addon – Standard Method
- Download the Nux007 Kodi repo and save it somewhere that you can access within Kodi.
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > select the repository.nux007-x.x.x.zip file above and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Kodi Nux007 repository > Video Add-ons > Playlist Loader > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
How to Setup & Use Playlist Loader Kodi Addon
After you have the Playlist Loader addon installed, setup is fairly straight forward. To add an M3U playlist, launch the addon and click on Add a new list. You will be prompted to give the name a list, enter in the URL, upload a list icon and a reference for channel icons. The last two steps are completely optional. When you are done, your M3U playlist will appear in the list on the main menu.
To add a channel into your favourites area for easy access, launch a playlist, hover on your channel, press the menu (‘c’) key, and select Add to Playlist Loader Favourites.
There is an option on the home addon screen that says Show groups in channels list. You can toggle this between yes and no in order to group each playlist by their sorted groupings or flatten out the entire channel list.
Free IPTV Lists For Kodi
If you are looking for some free M3U lists to try out inside of the Playlist Loader Kodi addon, here are some free options: