The Seren Kodi addon is a brand new multi-source offering from the developer of the Incursion addon. We have a full featured Seren addon guide including install instructions, setup guide, troubleshooting, and tips.
Seren has been coded from the ground up and is the most ambitious new addon that has been released in a while!
Nixgates, the developer of Incursion, started on the project after being unhappy with constantly having to edit old code within Incursion (which was a fork of Covenant).
Check out the full list of features and notes about the Seren addon below.
Seren Latest Version
January 6th: Seren has been updated to v1.6.3. Check out these nice changes:
- Fixed backwards compatibility for older Seren list urls
- Movie titles now confirm against IMDb before scrape
- Stop trigger Oauth refresh on 401 errors
- Next up sort style now requires Trakt auth
- All Debrid magnets are now removed from account after resolving is complete
- Fixed source size possibly displaying multiple times in resolver window
- Rescrape now only applies to initial playlist item
- Trakt fixes
To see all of the recent Seren addon changes, head down to our Seren change log section below which has more information!
If in the event your Seren install becomes corrupt, I would suggest making use of the “Wipe Addon Data” feature in the tools menu and re-setup your settings.
Seren Kodi Addon Features
Seren is built to work on Kodi 17 Krypton and 18 Leia, for maximum compatiblility.
Seren is FAST with its menus and scraping. Scraped information is cached to make the addon quicker.
Almost every line of code has been written from scratch
The Seren Kodi addon automatically creates playlists of shows that you select by default. It has the ability to resume where you left off with a single click on a show.
As well, Seren prompts you asking if you would like to continue to the next episode.
Seren’s default behavior is to scrape and find the best media source to play. It has pre-emptive scraping and autoplay enabled by default. This means that you will only ever see the scraping windows on the first episode of a show.
Custom provider installer
Seren is built to accept individual provider packs. Users can built a master scraper list and enable and disable at their choice.
Seren has automatic caching for Real-Debrid and Premiumize users.
Premiumize users – Seren will automatically download and remove items from your cloud so that they can be played quickly and on demand.
Shuffle Play – Pick one episode, hit shuffle play, and the Seren Kodi addon will randomly play episodes until you are done.
Next Up – Pick a show and Seren will build a list of where you left off and start playing.
Show/hide x265. The list of Seren Kodi addon features goes on and on.
Let’s have a look at how to install the Seren Kodi addon! Underneath that, we have a full setup and integration guide to check out and read.
Premium Accounts with Seren Kodi Addon
Right now, this addon does not work without either Premiumize or Real Debrid. Seren was built from the ground up to use features offered by these services. These premium servers can also handle the load of Kodi users, unlike free file hosts which get abused frequently.
- Click here to sign up for Premiumize
- Click here to sign up for Real Debrid
- Click here to learn more about Premiumize
- Click here to learn more about Real Debrid
Also, smart play settings such as Up Next, Auto Playlist Creation, Auto Episode Resume, and Pre-Emptive Scraping do not work without an authorized Trakt account. Trakt is a free service.
How to Install Seren Kodi Addon
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY https://nixgates.github.io/packages and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like .nix and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > .nix > nixgates.repository.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Nixgates repository > Video Add-ons > Seren > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
How to Setup the Seren Kodi Addon with Providers
When you launch the Seren Kodi addon for the first time, there is some setup and integration you will want to complete in order to ensure that you have a good experience! You must install Seren provider packages, which are lists of websites that provide media files.
Follow the steps below, which have been accompanied alongside the addon install guide.
- Launch the Seren Kodi addon.
- Navigate to Tools > Open Settings Menu
- Go to the Accounts tab and click on Authorize Trakt and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Enable Premiumize and Enable Real Debrid and follow the instructions to sync your accounts to the addon.
- Go to the Providers tab and click on Install From Web URL
- Type in http://bit.ly/a4kScrapers and click OK
- A prompt will come up asking if you’d like to install the scrapers. Press Install and then press OK after they are done.
You are now ready to use and explore the Seren Kodi addon!
How to Configure Up Next in Seren
The Up Next Kodi addon provides a Netflix-style popup menu for automatically starting the next episodes playback in Kodi. Seren originally integrated with this addon during its original release.
However, a lot of users reported issues with Up Next not working the way as it’s intended.
As of v1.6.0, Up Next Addon integration has been removed!
This is okay though. Seren now features this up-next Netflix popup natively which should work much better.
Seren Not Working?
If you are having trouble getting the Seren Kodi addon to work, we’ve created an excellent Seren help guide that helps you solve some or your troubleshooting issues.
Seren Context Menu Addon – Skin Integration
Kodi build makers will be happy to find a Seren context menu addon within the repository above. This allows the use of Seren’s context menus on any Seren related item in skin widgets.
To activate this, complete the first 7 steps of the install guide above. Then, navigate to
- SYSTEM > Add-ons > Install From Repository > Nixgates Repository > Context menus > Seren – Global Context Menu Items > Install
This will improve the use of Seren’s context menu throughout Kodi.
Full Seren Change Logs
December 17th: Seren has been updated to v1.6.2 to fix some of the bugs some people had with the last version. Check out the updates:
- Fixed Trakt database rebuild issues
- Fix playback for RD items in My Files
- Fix Trakt Sync Database not upgrading correctly
- Fixed Trakt missing items
- Fixed double database rebuilding
- Fixed AllDebrid movie resolving
December 12th: The Seren Kodi addon has been updated to v1.6.0. A summary of all of the major changes to the addon since the last release is listed below!
- Premiumize Users – You will need to authorize Premiumize again. Your old API key settings will no longer work.
- Let Seren re-build the database – There has been changes to the Trakt Sync Database and this will require a rebuild. It should only take a minute or two. Remember, there will be a very significant slow down for the first load of items due to the removal of caching this causes.
- All Debrid Support – Seren now supports All-Debrid!
- Removal of Up Next Support – Support of the Up Next addon has been removed due to issues. Seren now has up next functionality built in and the dialogs can be customized with Seren themes.
- Premiumize Cloud Scraper Speed Up – The PM cloud scraper is light years faster.
- Some Greek and German translations added
- Complete re-work of the standard playlist building
We have no control over and do not host or upload any video, films, media file, or live streams. KodiTips is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of streamed from your device. If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners or host sites.