Are you looking for a light Kodi add-on to stream on-demand content? Kodi Nova build is all you need. In this article, we’ll go over everything to know about the Kodi Nova build.
Here’s an overview of the contents of this article.
- What is the Kodi Nova build?
- Kodi Nova build features
- Is it safe to use the Kodi Nova build?
- How to protect yourself when using Kodi?
- Installing the Kodi Nova build on PC
- Installing Kodi Nova build on Firestick
- Planning to buy an Android smart TV?
If you have any questions about the Kodi Nova build or have any issues in installing it on your streaming device, let us know in the comments section down below!
So without any further ado, let’s get started!
Must-read: 9 Best Kodi Addons for Live TV in 2022
What is the Kodi Nova build?
Kodi Nova build is the perfect source to stream on-demand movies and shows without buffering. It includes a huge collection of video add-ons for a seamless streaming experience.
The build gets regular software and content updates so you can rest assured that this build will fulfill all your streaming needs and you won’t have to install any other build for the same purpose.
The Kodi Nova build is ridiculously lightweight compared to other third-party video streaming builds available on Kodi. This makes it suitable for low-space devices like FireStick and other Android TV boxes.
If you use Kodi on FireStick, you might want to check out our Best Kodi Tips and Tricks for FireStick Guide.
Kodi Nova build features
Following are the key features of the Kodi Nova build:
- Occupies little space, just 205.1 MB
- Huge library of movies and TV shows
- Sign in with Premiumize, Real Debrid, and other streaming service providers
- Pick your favorite content from categories/genres on the homescreen (categories include Movies, TV Shows, Music, Sports, Entertainment, Kids, For Her, among others)
- HD stream compatibility
- Trakt sign-in available
- Kodi 19 Matrix support
- Get high quality 1080p and 4K streaming options by integrating with Real Debrid
- Works with FireStick, Android TV box, Windows, Mac
The Nova TV APK on FireStick is a simple yet fully functional on-demand streaming service. It works smoothly on FireStick and other Android TV boxes with low specs because of its small size. It uses high-quality scrapers that fetch quality links to stream content in HD.
- Ares Fitness
- BoB Unleashed
- Neptune Rising
- Not Sure
- Project M
Is it safe to use the Kodi Nova build?
We tested the official Nova TV repository on the malware detection tool MetaDefender OPSWAT. The tool didn’t detect any threats on the repository page.
Also, we uploaded the repo zip file to find if there’s any malicious software within. And this time as well, the tool found no threats in it.
However, this doesn’t mean you can get complacent in using such third-party addons and builds on Kodi. Unofficial Kodi addons and builds have access to your personal data on the device. Check below how you can stay safe while using Kodi.
How to protect yourself when using Kodi?
Streaming services and cord-cutting application users need to be extra wary of their online privacy. These apps steal users’ usernames and passwords and sell their private information to data companies, obviously without their consent.
The best way to safeguard yourself and your personal data from these hackers operating on your device through the addons and repositories is to use a Kodi VPN.
A Kodi VPN carries a number of advantages geared towards streaming users. It redirects your internet connection to private encrypted servers so that anything you view on your computer routes through these servers before hitting the public internet.
VPN software masks your IP Address and physical location, allowing you to view content that would not normally be available in your area.
We recommend using NordVPN, the most reliable VPN you will ever find. And we say this for a multitude of reasons; here are a few:
✔ Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
✔ Zero Logs
✔ Unlimited bandwidth
✔ Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
✔ Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers
✔ Most trusted VPN by Kodi users
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community.
Let’s now get to the installation of the Kodi Nova build on FireStick and PC.
Installing the Kodi Nova build on PC
Watch the video tutorial on how to install the Kodi Nova build on the Kodi PC application. If you prefer the step-wise procedure, you may want to skip the video.
Follow the below steps to install the Kodi Nova build on PC.
Step 1: Enable installation of add-ons from unknown sources
- On your Kodi homescreen, click the Settings icon
- Select System
- Hover over the Add-ons option
- Turn the toggle on Unknown sources
This will enable the installation of add-ons from unknown sources.
Disclaimer: Kodi Nova build is a third-party Kodi build and it might access your personal data on the device. You are solely responsible for any data breach, loss of data, or damage that might incur to your device.
Step 2: Install the Doomzday repository
- Go back to System in Kodi settings
- Select File Manager
- Double click on the Add source option
- Double click <None>
- Type in the following URL as-is in the space provided and hit OK
This is the official repository page on GitHub.
Note: Koditips doesn’t operate with any third-party add-on or repo or build. Also, we have no affiliation with any of these third-party Kodi services.
- Enter the repository name in the space provided in the next prompt and click OK
- Go back to System settings and select Add-ons
- Select the Install from zip file option
- Click Yes in the warning message that follows up
- Select the doomzday zip file or whatever you named it earlier
- Select the zip file URL and hit OK.
The repository will start to install. Wait for the Add-on installed message to appear on the top-right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Install the Doomzday 19 wizard
- Go to System and select Add-ons
- Select Install from repository
- Choose the Doomzday Repo
- Select Program Add-ons
- Choose Doomzday 19 Wizard
- Finally, click Install followed by OK in the next prompt
Wait for the Add-on installed message to display on the top right corner of the screen. In the next prompt, you can choose what streaming services you would like to use with the Doomzday Wizard and hit Continue.
Step 4: Install the Nova TV Kodi build
- On the Kodi home screen, go to Add-ons and select Doomzday 19 Wizard
- In the list of Programs, select Builds
- Choose Nova TV
- Hit the Install option followed by Yes, Install in the confirmation message ahead
- It might take a few minutes for the build to install; check out the ETA time in the set up box that appears. Click Fresh Install when prompted.
- Relaunch the Kodi app and it will launch the Kodi Nova build you just installed
Voila! You can now start streaming your favorite content on the Kodi Nova build.
Also read: How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick FAST: Kodi Install Guide
Installing the Nova TV APK on Firestick
To install third-party applications on the FireStick, you need to:
- Enable Apps from Unknown Sources option in Security settings
- Use a sideloading app like Downloader
Check out our detailed guide on the Downloader app on Amazon Fire TV and Android TV boxes.
Here’s how to install the Nova TV APK on FireStick.
Check out our Complete Guide on Installing the Nova TV APK.
Step 1: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
- On your FireStick home screen, navigate to the top menu and select Settings using the remote
- Navigate to the right side and choose the My Fire TV option
- From the list of options, select Developer options
- At this step, check if the Apps from Unknown Sources option is turned ON. If it is OFF, click it and turn it ON.
- In the next prompt, click Turn On to confirm
Step 2: Install Downloader application
- Press the Home button on your FireStick remote to go back to the home screen
- Select the Search option on the top menu bar
- Type in Downloader using your remote and select the Downloader app that shows up
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the Downloader app on your FireStick
- Wait for the app to install and select your preferred on-screen options in the installation wizard
- On the Downloader app home screen, navigate to the URL section and type in firesticktricks.com/nova as-is, using the on-screen keypad
- Select Go using arrows or simply press the Play/Pause button on the remote
- In a few seconds, the Nova TV app will install on your FireStick
Step 3: Start streaming on Nova TV
- After installation, you will be presented with two options: Done and Open
- Select Open if you want to start streaming on Nova TV right away
- Select Done if you would like to use the app later
That’s all! You’re now ready to stream your favorite video content on Nova TV on your FireStick.
Planning to buy an Android smart TV?
If you’re planning to buy an Android TV for a smooth streaming experience, here are the best options you should consider.
1. Hisense 40-inch 1080p Android Smart LED TV
Hisense Smart TVs are one of our top TVs with Kodi.
2. Toshiba 55-inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV HDR
- Fire TV experience built-in - Fire TV Edition brings together live-over-the air TV, and your favorite streaming content on the home screen. Connect any HD antenna (sold separately) to watch live over-the-air TV, or stream movies and shows from Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, Hulu, and more.
- True-to-life picture quality - Experience breathtaking 4K Ultra HD picture quality with over 8 million pixels for stunning clarity, deep contrast and vivid colors. Watch movies and TV shows come to life in ultra high deﬁnition.
3. Sceptre Android TV 32-inch Smart LED HD TV
- Google Assistant whether you require step-by-step instructions during the set-up process, or an authority to chime in occasionally to figure out A feature, Google Assistant is always there for you. Simply say "OK Google" Or click the mic button on the remote, and Google Assistant will answer your questions and rapidly navigate features for you
- Smart TV Forget connecting streaming devices. The Sceptre Smart AndroidTV has all the thrilling functionality you crave to connect to all the streaming apps you already love and to explore some new ones along the way. Just click a few buttons or voice a few commands and you will be binge-watching your favorite shows in no time.
Kodi Nova Build: The best video content Kodi build?
Undoubtedly, Kodi Nova build is among the top Kodi builds you will ever see for a seamless streaming experience. With a huge library of content on the platform, you will never run short of exciting media to pass a few hours of your free time.
Installing the Kodi Nova build and the Nova TV app on FireStick is easy if done right. The above guide should help you do the same. Were you able to successfully install the Kodi Nova build? Which other Kodi build installation guide would you like to see? Please let us know in the comments section below.
Until next time, take care and cheers!