The 13 Clowns Kodi addon is a multi-source addon built from the Exodus Redux code base. 13 Clowns enables LambdaScrapers by default so that those who had trouble enabling scrapers on their own have an automatic way done for them!
Not sure what this all means? Keep reading for all of the details!
So, why 13 Clowns vs Exodus Redux?
Kodi addons are made up of three separate parts:
- The Scraper
- The Resolver
- The Search Engine
The 13 Clowns or Exodus Redux addons (or any other addon) is the search engine. It’s job is to search and query movie and TV titles. In the case of Exodus and other multi-source addons, it uses Trakt, TMDB, and TVDM databases to present movies and titles in playlists such as “most popular” or “trending movies”.
When you search or query a title, the Kodi addon searches through scrapers, which are websites on the internet that contain links to media files. The scraper used by Exodus Redux and 13 Clowns is LambdaScrapers, which has quickly become the most popular set of scrapers for Kodi.
After showing you a list of media files, the one you pick to play is passed off to a resolver. The resolver module is ResolveURL, which is a collection of instructions on how to navigate through file hosts to get out the raw video file.
Kodi addons get a lot of hype by name, but are really comprised of 95% of the same code. Exodus Redux and 13 Clowns are very popular right now because the LambdaScrapers module is the best scraper extension available for Kodi. Some users had trouble with Exodus Redux because you had to enable LambdaScrapers manually and this seems to be a pain point for some.
13 Clowns has LambdaScrapers enabled by default so that the addon works without any configuration.
13 Clowns Latest Version
The latest release of Exodus Redux is v1.0.5a. Recent changes and updates to the addon include:
- Added documentaries
- Icon change
- Fix ‘In Theatres’ section
- Fix link to providers
- Changed “Information and News” section to “No Stream HELP”
- Added credits section
- Turned off trailers by default
The addon uses the Incursion code base (The Incursion fork comes from the original Exodus addon) with LambdaScrapers integrated into the addon. There are some “tweaks” made but those specifics were not posted.
Interested in checking out the addon? Instructions are below!
If you are having trouble getting the addon to work, check out our troubleshooting tips underneath the install guide.
How to Install 13 Clowns Kodi Add-on
ON Kodi 17 Krypton & 18 Leia Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://13clowns.com/repo and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like .13. and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > .13 > repository.13clowns-x.x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > 13 Clowns Repo > Video Add-ons > 13 Clowns Video > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
13 Clowns Kodi Not Working? Helpful Tips
To start, make sure that your version is LambdaScrapers is version 1.5 at the very minimum! To check your version of LambdaScrapers:
- Navigate to Settings > System Settings > Addons > Manage Dependencies > LambdaScrapers Module > Update
- Choose the latest version in the ExodusRedux Repo
While you are here, take this chance to review your LambdaScrapers settings
From the same menu where you clicked “Update”, click on Configure. In this area, you can enable all Real-Debrid and Premiumize premium sources as well!
How to Authorize Trakt in 13 Clowns
If you are a Trakt user and store your movies and TV data in that service, you can sync your account by launching Exodus Redux and going to Tools > Authorize Trakt. Follow the prompts on the screen to sync your account accordingly.
13 Clowns Installation Failed
If you get the Kodi ‘Installation Failed’ error when trying to install the latest version of the addon, the issue is because 13 Clowns has switched servers in the back end and your Kodi is still looking in its old location. Simply re-add the source, the repository, and the addon again from scratch!