The Elementum Kodi add-on is an updated and supported fork of Quasar. Elementum is the #1 method for torrent streaming on Kodi. Read all of the details below.
The Elementum Kodi add-on is the updated method for streaming torrent movies and TV shows onto Kodi. Check out some of the new features provided by Elementum:
- Kodi library integration! Add shows and movies to your library
- Multi-torrent support
- Enabled support for android
- Easier provider install and configuration with Quasar Burst
The actual Elementum Kodi add-on is just a shell which grabs moves and TV show information from IMDB and TVDB and presents it along with a search feature. The real magic happens from the different Elementum providers, which connect to different torrent websites and are used to grab all of the streams back into the Elementum Kodi add-on. The biggest torrent sites in the world are supported, meaning you can pick your favourite torrent site and find a working stream from there, just like you would if you were to download a torrent.
Note: Because this add-on uses torrents, you share your stream with other users as you watch a show. If you are not comfortable with this, consider getting a VPN to protect your connection while you use the Elementum add-on.
Interested in trying out the Elementum Kodi add-on? Check out our installation guide and tips and tricks below:
NOTE: The Elementum addon is just a shell that presents metadata such as titles, artwork, plot, and other movie and TV information. Elementum is completely legal to install and we take no responsibility for its usage beyond that.
How to Install Elementum Kodi Add-on Install Guide
ON Kodi 17 Krypton Only: From the main menu, navigate to Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Turn On Unknown Sources > Click Yes.
- Visit the official Elementum website and download the version of Elementum that corresponds to your Kodi install. Unlike most add-ons, Elementum is specially customized to match your chosen OS.
- Move this zip file on to a USB stick or move it onto your Kodi box via your network. You will need to access this zip file in a second.
- From the Kodi home screen, navigate to Settings > Service Settings > Control > Allow “remote control from applications on other systems”
- Also allow the options “
- Back at the Kodi home screen:
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File and install the Elementum zip file you downloaded above.
- After a few seconds, a Settings dialog will pop up. Click on Download Path and give Elementum a folder on your Kodi box where it can store temporary and downloaded files. You can also use the arrows to allow Elementum to load files into memory instead. This is useful if you don’t want to store any files on your Kodi box.
- Scroll down to Choose streams automatically and enable or disable it accordingly depending on if you want to pick your torrent stream or allow Quasar to automatically start the first working file. We recommend disabling this option to give you more flexibility.
- After you’ve selected your download path, the Elementum Daemon will start and you should get a popup message that says “There is now an official multi-provider for Elementum called Burst. Would you like to install it now”. Click yes to this popup.
- After Elementum Burst has installed, restart Kodi. When Kodi restarts, make sure that the Elementum Daemon starts up again (there should be a popup in the upper right corner) and then Elementum is ready!
Elementum Kodi Tips
- If you get no results navigating through TV Shows and Movies, try to search for the show. Sometimes I find that the IMDB and TVDB information for a show does not match the torrent file and you will get no results. For example, “The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon” returns no results for a lot of episodes, but if you search for “Jimmy Fallong SxxExx” you get lots of results.
- Use “SxxExx” to your advantage when searching. If you are looking for season 3, episode 12 of a show, include “S03E12” in your search, which is a universal naming convention and will help you find results.
- If you are particular about which link you watch, hover over a show and press menu > Choose Stream and it will give you a list of streams that your Quasar providers have returned. Look at the file name and ensure you have the DVDRip you want.
- Learn what S and L mean. At the start of each file, the Quasar Kodi add-on will show you how many seeders and leachers a show has. Seeders are users who have the show 100% downloaded and if a file has lots of them, it will be more reliable for you.
- Getting no results and not sure if the Quasar add-on is to blame? On your computer/tablet, go to the torrent website you are using and search for the episode/movie yourself. If it has no results, then a stream simply does not exist for your show. If the website has results but Kodi doesn’t, try manually searching in different ways to get your result to show up.