The FoxyStreams addon is a really fast and lightweight Kodi addon that uses premium Debrid scraping to quickly find streams. It is a perfect Kodi addon for lightweight Kodi boxes, such as the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Come learn all about FoxyStreams in our guide below.
What is FoxyStreams?
Created by a reddit user named ruiner_nin, FoxyStreams was created to be:
- Easily forkable
It uses the OpenMeta addon (or an equivalent external caller) to provide its graphical user interface.
The idea is that the FoxyStreams Kodi addon is easily maintainable so that issues can be fixed fast, but are rare to happen.
FoxyStreams uses either Rarbg or BitLord as its provider source, both huge torrent indexers that contain all media a person needs.
FoxyStreams Kodi Requirements
In order to install this addon, you need the following:
- A premium account from Real-Debrid or Premiumize or All Debrid
- A free account on Trakt.
- 10 minutes of time
FoxyStream Latest Version
The latest version of the addon is v0.1.18 from November 20th, 2019. Some of the recent updates to the addon are:
- Premiumize fixed in the addon.
- AllDebrid support added
- Notification added for no results instead of giving an error
- Support for multiple Debrid providers at once
How to Install the FoxyStreams Kodi Addon
Installing Addon4Kodi & FoxyStreams Repos
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM (Gear Icon) > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY https://a4k-openproject.github.io and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like .a4k. and then click OK
- Click on Add Source > None
- Type in https://ruinernin.github.io/kodi/ and then click DONE.
- Highlight the box underneath and name your media source .ruiner and click OK.
- Go back to your home screen and select Settings > Add-ons
- Select Install from Zip File > .a4k > repository.addons4kodi-x-x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
- Select Install from Zip File > .ruiner > repository.foxystreams-x-x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification.
- Select Install from Repository > Addons4Kodi repository > Video Add-ons > OpenMeta > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
- Click on OpenMeta again and click on Configure.
- In the Trakt tab, click on Authenticate Trakt and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Enable the option to Sync Your Trakt Collection To Kodi Library
- Go back up to the Install From Repository area.
- Navigate to FoxyStreams Repo > Video Add-ons > FoxyStreams > Install.
- Wait for the enable notification and then click on FoxyStreams again.
- Click Configure.
- In the General tab, change your Debrid Provider to either Real-Debrid or Premiumize.
- If you selected Real-Debrid, follow the instructions on the screen to authorize Real-Debrid in your browser.
- If you selected Premiumize, enter in the API Key from your Premiumize dashboard into the Premiumize API Key spot.
- In the Search Categories tab, choose which sections you want to enable. Be aware of enabling 4K streams if your TV is not compatible.
- Make sure you enable at least one movie and one TV show section.
- Restart Kodi is order for OpenMeta and FoxyStreams to sync.
How to Use the FoxyStreams Kodi Addon
After you restart Kodi, you can use the FoxyStreams the simple way by launching it from your Video Addons.
When the addon opens, hit “Search” and search for your title manually.
TIP: For TV episodes, use the SxxExx notation for season and episode. For example, S03E15 is season 3, episode 15.
The better way is to launch the OpenMeta addon, which is a solid graphical user interface that pulls titles from Trakt and TMDb. With OpenMeta, you can find a title and play it using the FoxyStreams addon.
Comment below if you are having any trouble so that we can help you!