The Venom Kodi addon is a popular trimmed down fork of the Exodus addon that runs quick and fast in Kodi.
Venom has become notably popular on Reddit following the shutdown of a few other Kodi repositories. Venom has been receiving frequent addon updates and new code development, which is great to see.
This ultimate Venom Kodi addon guide has information on features, tips, and installation of the Venom Kodi addon.
Venom Kodi Addon Latest Update
The latest update to the Venom Kodi addon is from April 3rd, v3.6.0. Check out some of the recent changes below.
- New information in the TV calendar from TVMaze
- ResolveURL has been added back in since gujal has taken over development
- Youtube API for trailers has been updated
- Torrent settings and features have been improved
- Diagnostic changes and improvements
- Scraper updates
Venom Kodi Features
- Multi-source Exodus fork and menu style.
- Scraper set provided by Open Scrapers
- Resolver set provided by ResolveURL
- Supports cached torrents
- All extra playlists and bloated features removed
- Up Next integration for quickly playing next episode similar to Seren.
Venom Kodi Sections
After installing the Venom Kodi addon and syncing up your Trakt account, you’ll see the following sections:
- TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- New Movies
- New Episodes
- Recently Aired
- News and Info
- Change Log
Does the Venom Kodi addon interest you? Check out our install guide below for instructions on how to install today.
How to Install Venom Kodi Addon
- From the Kodi main menu, navigate to SYSTEM > File Manager > Add Source > None
- Type the following EXACTLY http://123venom.github.io and select Done
- Highlight the box underneath and enter a name for this media Source like .venom and then click OK
- Go back to your home screen.
- ON Kodi 17 Krypton or later: Select Add-ons > Add-on Browser
- ON Kodi 16 or earlier: Select SYSTEM > Add-Ons
- Select Install from Zip File > .venom > repository.venom-x.x.zip and wait for the Add-on enabled notification
- Select Install from Repository > Venom Repository > Video Add-ons > Venom > Install
- Wait for Add-on enabled notification
If you are looking how to install Venom on the Firestick, the instructions are the exact same on all versions of Kodi.
Check out why Venom is one of the best Kodi addons today now!
Venom Up Next Integration Info
Please note this release requires the latest release of UpNext, version 1.0.1, that can be found in the Kodi repo and was released on June 18, 2019. Version 1.0.0 has a few communication issues that were resolved in 1.0.1. You will notice occasional missing UpNext notifications with v1.0.0 so please be sure to check this. Thank you Ian for resolving this issue!!
For now the best way to use UpNext is with the Kodi context menu option “Play from Here” or from within the “Playlist Manager” – “View Playlist”.
Previously all Exodus forks refused to close the episode list items if you used “Play from Here” so this play method for me became annoying.I’ve fixed this and episode list items, and playlist, now close.
Due to the above I was forced to hard code Auto Play for Episodes. This was needed for the “Play from Here” context menu option to work in continual episode play of an entire season. If you select a single episode only that episode will play, but with Auto Play still in effect. If you disable UpNext this removes the hard code. If you wish to bypass Auto Play for a single episode I suggest using the context menu option “Select Source” for the item you wish to single play without Auto Play enabled
The Auto playlist creation is on by default and this is done behind closed doors with no effect on performance at all. You can try with and without this feature on and you will not notice even the slightest difference so I suggest leaving it on. At this time the only thing this does is when you enter a Season the playlist will create a full episode list for the given Season you entered only. Entering the “Playlist Manager” you could view, edit, and play this list. Future plans for this playlist as well.
The goal for next update is to get the playlist to play from a single episode selection, so you won’t have to use “Play from Here” but at this time I’m dealing with a bit of a bug calling this playlist for direct play. I also want to add a pre-scrape ability so next episode play is instant without a visible scrape process, but timing it the scrape takes about 3-5secs for the next episode to play as it is now so I didn’t holdback this release
This feature makes Venom one of the best Kodi TV addons today.
Venom Addon Not Working?
Are you having trouble getting the Venom app to work properly? Here are some tips to help you out:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Venom.
- Make sure you have the official Venom repo installed.
- Install the latest version of Kodi (18.5)
If you are up to date with all of the above, try reinstalling the addon from its repository.
We have no control over and do not host or upload any video, films, media file, or live streams. KodiTips is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency, or any other aspect of the content of streamed from your device. If you have any legal issues please contact the appropriate media file owners or host sites.