Kodi Exodus Tips – Looking for the best Kodi Exodus tips and settings? We’ve compiled a list of tips to make your Exodus add-on for Kodi even better! Read on for more information.
Thought the Exodus add-on is brand new, we’ve been deep into all of its settings and have some Kodi Exodus tips to share with everyone! Lambda has always been great about setting up his add-ons to work right after install, but a little bit of setup can really help!
Kodi Exodus Tips #1 – Sync Trankt & Trakt Features
We’ve preached this a lot lately, like with the Velocity add-on, but having a Trakt account makes your Kodi experience so much better. Lambda has decided not to put library integration into Exodus and he has NO PLANS for including library integration. However, he doesn’t need to because Trakt is better than the Kodi library integration is anyway!
Sync Trakt to Exodus
- Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > acounts
- Under the Trakt heading, click authorization
- You will be prompted to go to the Trakt website listed. Once there, you will sign in with your account and validate the Kodi Exodus add-on and in return, it will give you a code.
- Return to Kodi, click Enter Pin, and enter in the code you received.
Kodi Exodus Trakt Features
When Trakt is approved, your Trakt details can be found under the My Lists category in the add-on. From there, you will see a list of options:
- Collection/TV Collection – This is exactly like the Kodi library integration, except it syncs with your Trakt account and works across multiple add-ons! You can add a show to your collection in Velocity and it will appear in Exodus and vice-versa.
- Watchlist/TV Watchlist – Your watchlist lets you add and keep track of shows you aren’t watching yet but have an interest in.
- Featured/TV Featured – These sections automatically pull the featured movies and TV shows from the Trakt website, giving you an idea of things you might be interested in watching.
- Movie/TV/Episode Lists – From within the add-on, you can add shows to lists and name them. For example, add movies to a Horror playlist or classic TV shows to a classics playlist and view them here.
Hovering on nearly any movie, show, episode or heading in Eodus and pressing the menu button, click on Trakt Manager to add different things to your collection, watchlist, or a list! With these features, you don’t need Kodi library integration.
Kodi Exodus Tips #2 – Real-Debrid
Exodus contains full Real-Debrid support, which will greatly improve the number of HD links that Exodus receives. If you aren’t sure what Real-Debrid is yet, click here to read more!
Sync Real-Debrid to Exodus
- Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Accounts
- Under the Trakt heading, click authorization
- You will be prompted to go to the Real-Debrid website listed. Once there, you will sign in with your account and validate the Kodi Exodus add-on and in return, it will give you a code.
- Return to Kodi and enter in the code you received!
Now, when you go into any movie or episode, your Real-Debrid links will be at the very top!
Kodi Exodus Tips #3 – Latest Movies
The latest movies option on the Kodi Exodus main menu can be customized to show different listings, taken from the IMDB website! Here’s a rundown of what you can choose and how:
- Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > General
For Latest Movies, here is what we’ve found based on what your choices are:
- Featured – Your latest movies will largely contain those recently released on DVD, which is good for Exodus because you will be choosing movies with full HD links.
- People Watching – Your list will show the most popular movies, a mix of newly released on DVD and in theatres. Some of the theatre movies only have low quality CAM versions, so be careful of those mixed in.
- Most Popular – Again, a mix of new DVD releases and theatre movies with no good version.
- In Theatres – A collection of those recently released in theatres, plenty of CAM versions and unwatchable links.
- Disabled – Removed the option from the main menu.
In our opinion, the best option is Featured if you prefer only HD movies with no hassle or Most Popular if you are more familiar with how streams work and can differentiate between DVD links and low quality CAM versions.
In the same section as Latest Movies, you can also enable or disable Latest Episodes, the TV Calendar, and My Lists features from being shown.
Kodi Exodus Tips #4 – Downloads
The download functionality is included in the Kodi Exodus add-on! To enable:
- Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Downloads
- Enable Downloads and then setup BOTH the movie and TV show download folders.
When you have the Select Stream dialog box open which is showing your list of links to stream, press menu and Download item to download to your computer!
Kodi Exodus Tips #5 – Subtitles
By enabling subtitles, Exodus will use one of the universal subtitle add-ons that Kodi supports to pull subtitles up for your stream. We aren’t sure which subtitle add-on is being used, but will pass on that info if we find out! To enable subtitles:
- Hover over Exodus in your video add-ons > press menu > add-on settings > Subtitles
- Enable subtitles
You can toggle subtitles on and off in a stream by pressing “t” on your keyboard, by pressing the subtitles shortcut key in the Kodi remote Android/Apple app, or by opening the playback controls and clicking the subtitles button.
Some streams may not have any subtitles available, so you will have to see how it goes!